Honored Contributor

If you want low cost internet service, I just added resources to post “WiFi Question” by BornToShop

[ Edited ]

If you need reduced or free internet, or a free computer, please see the post called WiFi Question dated 12/3. I just added many more great resources to save big money for seniors, disabled and low income. I just added more researches, so if you looked before, please look again at the post WiFi Question by BornToShop.

Honored Contributor

Re: If you want much lower cost internet service, I just added resources to a post titled WiFi by

I would like lower cost Internet service. We pay about $100 per month for high speed internet through the cable company. Guess it costs more because we don't have a bundled package with them. They keep trying to get us to set up cable but that's never happening.

Honored Contributor

Re: If you want low cost internet service, I just added resources to post “WiFi Question” by BornTo

We pay $70.00 for high speed internet through our cable.  We have to have the high speed because we dropped cable and went to streaming. 

Honored Contributor

Re: If you want much lower cost internet service, I just added resources to a post titled WiFi by

@Nightowlz wrote:

I would like lower cost Internet service. We pay about $100 per month for high speed internet through the cable company. Guess it costs more because we don't have a bundled package with them. They keep trying to get us to set up cable but that's never happening.

Look at the post from 12/3. You might qualify and not know it.

Trusted Contributor

Re: If you want low cost internet service, I just added resources to post “WiFi Question” by BornTo

Here is a direct link to the thread and the post that @Mindy D wants us to look at. It's so much easier to provide a link directly to the original thread than to tell people where to go look for it.  Here you go, for those interested enough to read it:

https://community.qvc.com/t5/Electronics/WiFi-Question/m-p/5888343#M57196

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The application for the 'low-income' Comcast internet for $9.95 never asked for my income amount. But I was approved for it anyway...I wonder why?  I am a senior and also disabled but how do they know that is for real? They did ask for my SS# to verify my identity...I thought that was unusual and I was a bit uncomfortable giving my number to them.

Contributor

I just got a hotspot for $10 a month thru my wireless phone provider.  It works just great!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Wow! That was fast. I already got my new router in the mail. Took only 2 days after I signed up for it ($9.95 Internet Essentials). I was going to hook it up myself but apparently I don't have the proper wiring in my house so Comcast is coming to install the wire tomorrow (Sunday) at no charge. That's what I call service.Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Update after installation...

This came to my surprise but my new $9.95 Comcast internet speed (stated as being 15Mbps) is faster than my old $50 20Mbps DSL which usually only showed to be about 17Mbps. I just checked my new Comcast speed and it's running at about 18Mbps. I'm so glad I switched! Saving money is always a good thing.

The upload speed is even faster, too.

That charge of $9.95 is all you have to pay. They don't add on any fees or taxes so that's it. Eeezzzy-peeezy.Woman Happy

Respected Contributor

@Mindy D 

I can't thank you enough for this post.   I pay for my sister's Spectrum cable TV account and it's been creeping up for the last 3 months.   I found out that she would get popups asking if she wanted to upgrade and she would click YES.  And she was purchasing movies and she never watches movies.

I called Spectrum yet again and got the greatest guy.  He told me about a package that would lower my cost and at the end he has cut her bill 1/2.   From $205 a month to $103 a month and when she is approved for Internet assist it will drop to 72.00 a month.  So, your post has saved me a bunch of $$$ and she will still get the few channels that she actually watches. 

THANK YOU !!!  Yes I'm shouting a huge thank you because you deserve a loud thank you.