Valued Contributor

If you're interested in an inexpensive tablet

I was looking for an inexpensive Windows 10 based tablet for minimal tasks around the house and to take with me on short jaunts, don't want to haul a laptop around with me. 

I found an RCA at Wallyworld for only $99 which I thought was a great deal.  Googled to get better idea of reviews/specs and up popped WalMart if you pick up in store it was $50 off!  $49 for it and it's perfect for my use.  I don't know if it's available at all stores or not.

If interested, Google rca cambio 10.1" 2 in 1 32gb tablet with windows 10, intel atom z8350 2gb ram

Honored Contributor

Re: If you're interested in an inexpensive tablet

Looks like a nice tablet. My Walmart has it for $74 with pickup, $99 shipped. Not bad at all. Wish I knew about this before I bought my Gigaset 10.1" android tablet, which cost me $49 with no keyboard. 

Valued Contributor

I needed the Windows not android so it was perfect for my needs.

Respected Contributor

Don't waste your money on inexpensive tablets. Apple IPads start around $325 and are a powerhouse. Spending a little more upfront will make you happy in the long run. Apple IPads are the gold standard.  Androids are worthless.

Honored Contributor

@In-x-s wrote:

I needed the Windows not android so it was perfect for my needs.

I know the RCA is a Windows tablet @In-x-sWoman Happy That's why I wished I knew about it before I bought my android.

Honored Contributor

@Reever wrote:

Don't waste your money on inexpensive tablets. Apple IPads start around $325 and are a powerhouse. Spending a little more upfront will make you happy in the long run. Apple IPads are the gold standard.  Androids are worthless.

I would never own a device that couldn't expand it's memory. jmho.

Valued Contributor

@Reever wrote:

I have no reason to have the "gold standard" just to look up recipes and such at my kitchen island or play Pogo games while I drink coffee.  I want Windows so I can use adobe flash and java when necessary.  I have a desktop PC for anything I need to do that requires more.

Trusted Contributor

I have been wanting a windows tablet also.

I have and iPad, and an Android, but Windows 10 now syncs with all Win10 devices, just as Apple does.

I will probably never have a Mac book, so Apple syncing is of no help to me.

RCA seems to be roaring into the tablet area. That is a good price.

Honored Contributor

@Reever wrote:

@Reever  Your use of a generalization is illogical.  You'd never win or even score during a debate with a statement such as you made.  Its also not true.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I got a really good deal on a tablet .... free when I bought my iPhone and signed a two-year contract.

Contract wasn't a problem.  I have been with AT&T since 2001.