Respected Contributor

Free On-Line Movies Question

There are some movies that you can watch on-line for free -- at least that's what they say. I'm not talking about streaming via a stick device.

For example, I wanted to watch "West Side Story", so googled "watch West Side Story on-line for free" and came up with a few sites that seemingly offered this. One site is called "Bonx...." and claims you can watch the movie for free. You just have to set up a free account.

I'd like to know if such sites are legit, if anyone here has been able to watch movies for free, and why a site would need you to set up a free account.  If anyone knows, much appreciated.

Honored Contributor

Re: Free On-Line Movies Question

I watch all my old movies on YouTube.  Well, actually I download/burn them onto a DVD to watch at my leisure.

CLICKY CLICK--> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sU9wCxSl0Q4

I do not trust those so called free tv website.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

Re: Free On-Line Movies Question

[ Edited ]

Thanks for your input and for the link @Mz iMac.

Strange, but of course I first googled "West Side Story YouTube" and only got specific 5-minute scenes with the famous songs -- couldn't find the full-length movie like you did.  But it's good to know the old movies are there. :-)

I'm getting close to cutting the cord because of Spectrum taking over TWC. My building complex had a long-term bulk contract with TWC, keeping rates down for us, but Spectrum ain't having any of it. I expect my monthly cable bill to double or triple.... and I ain't having any of that! lol