Esteemed Contributor

When I get a new device I look at YouTube for help.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ND80Skz0J7w

Valued Contributor

Don't feel silly, @QVCkitty1!  Everyone has to start somewhere.  

you got wonderful advice here & it's true, the more you use it the easier it becomes.  Really!  

I started out w/my iPad  feeling the same as you  & now I wouldn't want to be w/out it.

happy Netflix watching & much more!

Blowing out someone else's candle doesn't make yours brighter.
Esteemed Contributor

@QVCkitty1, don't worry.  It won't blow up on you.  I remember many years ago my first work on computers.  I thought I would have a nervous breakdown lol.  It is pretty intuitive.  And yes, Google and YouTube are fantastic.  Best of luck to you.  There are so many patient helpful people on this forum.  I know because they help me all the time.  

In a very short time, you'll be right at home!  Good luck. LM

Honored Contributor

Take full advantage of your warranty.  Besides your hardware 1 yr warranty, you also have 90 days of tech support.  YOU PAID FOR IT, take advantage of it!!!!!

Any questions you have call Apple tech support.

Per Apple

"Every iPad comes with one year of hardware repair coverage through its limited warranty and up to 90 days of complimentary support."

LINK

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

Lucky you! Ipads are very user friendly.  After it's charged up, it practically does all the work. Don't be afraid of it. It won't bite. Have fun with it.

And as others have pointed out, you have free tech support.  I have an octogenarian friend who got assistance with her MacBook Air. The guy who helped her was very pleasant to deal with. 

Youtube is great because you can find videos on just about any topic and sometimes it's easier to see the demonstrations then read a self-help book.

Good luck!

Honored Contributor

@Lilysmom wrote:

@QVCkitty1, don't worry.  It won't blow up on you.  I remember many years ago my first work on computers.  I thought I would have a nervous breakdown lol.  It is pretty intuitive.  And yes, Google and YouTube are fantastic.  Best of luck to you.  There are so many patient helpful people on this forum.  I know because they help me all the time.  

In a very short time, you'll be right at home!  Good luck. LM

Well the ipad is set up passwords and codes etc. and it is charging as we speak. It looks like it will be fun, once I learn a few things. Thank you for your  " tech. support ".

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

Thank you all for your kind responses.  I live in a small town. { no apple store } , but I do have a friend who can answer my questions. I never thought of google, I will try that first because google won't roll their eyes at me LOL. I think I will wait and check out the book after I put my hands on the device. Thanks again for being kind after my mini melt down.

I didn't find the iPad to be as easy as others.  I called my sister or used Google and YouTube to get help.  I'd have my iPad on while sitting in front of my computer and read the instruction or watch the videos.  There was a tutorial I bought from the app store that also was a big help.  You'll do fine. 

Respected Contributor

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

@Bhvbum wrote:

just do as the folks said charge it up and turn it on and start using it.  When you get stuck just call someone you know who has an iPad and ask them for help, or better yet Google it. 

If you Google any question you have, there will be thousands of people who have asked the very same question.  I don't know of anybody who studied a book to learn how to use this, you simply don't need it. 

As one who spends countless hours helping friends and family with free tech support, I'm not very keen on the "just ask a friend" as a tech support/training solution and definitely recommend books and Google over wearing out friends. Smiley Happy

I agree with the above.  Plus if you google and learn yourself, you will remember it better.

Honored Contributor

You were all right ! I'm now on Netflix, and watched my first, " Chelsea Does " show . I can't wait to try more !

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Super Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

You were all right ! I'm now on Netflix, and watched my first, " Chelsea Does " show . I can't wait to try more !

YAY!!!!

You go Girl!

Cat Very Happy