Trusted Contributor

A while back I wanted to look at my pictures on my I-phone.  Noticed that a bunch of them disappeared and wasn't happy.  I got on the computer and they were under a folder called ICloud Photos.  Therefore, I am assuming that after a certain amount of time your pictures go into the cloud which I basically know nothing about.  My question is how the heck can I get those pictures back on my phone??? TIA

Honored Contributor

The photos on the phone and computer should match, did you accidently delete them on your phone?

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

@sabra 

First I should divulge that I don’t use a laptop any more and have mostly forgotten how.

Can you right click on the iCloud folder and move the pictures out of the folder?

I will go to google and look up about the cloud.

In settings on my iPhone, I have chosen not to store photos in iCloud because I don’t want the extra charge for storage.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@sabra 

Here is from a google search...Hope this helps!

How to quickly sync images with your other devices
  1. Launch the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad.
  2. Tap the Apple ID banner at the top of the screen.
  3. Select the iCloud option.
  4. Tap Photos.
  5. Tap the Upload to My Photo Stream toggle to enable instant photo and video sync over Wi-Fi.
May 16, 2018
~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Trusted Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

The photos on the phone and computer should match, did you accidently delete them on your phone?

I definitely did not delete them as they were vacation pictures. Almost wish I had then that would answer my question - lol.

Trusted Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

@sabra 

Here is from a google search...Hope this helps!

How to quickly sync images with your other devices
  1. Launch the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad.
  2. Tap the Apple ID banner at the top of the screen.
  3. Select the iCloud option.
  4. Tap Photos.
  5. Tap the Upload to My Photo Stream toggle to enable instant photo and video sync over Wi-Fi.
May 16, 2018

I tried to do this last night but the pictures still have not reappeared on my I-Phone.  Thanks for trying to help.

If anyone has any other suggestions please let me know.

Contributor

Re: ICloud/Iphone Question

[ Edited ]

After you perform the suggested steps, do a re-start of your iPhone.

Last week I did a similar operation with my iPad, but did not see results until I did the re-start. My problem was contacts, not photos, but I believe the principle is the same.

Valued Contributor

the method is easy . thanks for sharing sabra..

Honored Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

@sabra 

First I should divulge that I don’t use a laptop any more and have mostly forgotten how.

Can you right click on the iCloud folder and move the pictures out of the folder?

I will go to google and look up about the cloud.

In settings on my iPhone, I have chosen not to store photos in iCloud because I don’t want the extra charge for storage.

it's not that much for extra storage actually b/c I looked at it.

but an alternative is one of those little drives to take the pix off your phone to store them safely