Honored Contributor

I have never used iCloud Drive for my email. I’ve used it for other things. I as backing up my iPad last night and went to Apple to try to remember how to do so. When I was there I found a page about what back ups protect. They don’t protect Email. This bugged me because I do have a few documents in email I want to protect. The article said email should be in iCloud Drive. I went to the settings and tried to turn iCloud Drive for my email A screen came up telling me I had to devise a separate iCloud email address to put my email into iCloud drives. I set this up and then turned on iCloud Drive in my email. Today i read that anything you delete from iCloud Drive email stays in the Drive. I’VE  CHANGED MY MIND AND NOW IWANT TO TURN OFF ICLOUD DRIVE EMAIL. Apple website was so confusing about doing this saying something about losing information. WILL I LOSE ALL MY EMAILS IF I TURN OFF ICLOUD DRIVE EMAIL NOW?   What will happen? 

Esteemed Contributor

Try Googling your question.That always helps me.

Honored Contributor

@Mindy D

If you are still under warranty and/or have AppleCare, suggest you contact them for step by step instructions.  Take notes for future reference.

------------------

OOW?  I found the following.....

Deactivating iCloud on Devices

"Deleting iCloud or deactivating the service on a particular device will remove your email as well as contacts, photos, notes, calendar settings and reminders associated with the account. If you may need this information in the future, download the files or copy your contacts and photos manually before you change the iCloud account on an iPhone, tablet or computer. Any items backed up to iCloud, such as photos, will remain in the cloud until you delete the iCloud account permanently, and the email address itself will still function. However, you will no longer receive notifications about the account.

On an iPhone or iPad, open your settings app and press on the name of your iCloud account, such as jsmith@email.com. Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and tap "Sign out." The device will ask you to verify your Apple ID and password, and will then ask you to select any data you want to remain on the device, such as photos. Press "Sign out" on the next two screens to confirm the removal of the account."

copy/paste link--->smallbusiness.chron.com/email-off-icloud-70581.html

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:

I have never used iCloud Drive for my email. I’ve used it for other things. I as backing up my iPad last night and went to Apple to try to remember how to do so. When I was there I found a page about what back ups protect. They don’t protect Email. This bugged me because I do have a few documents in email I want to protect. The article said email should be in iCloud Drive. I went to the settings and tried to turn iCloud Drive for my email A screen came up telling me I had to devise a separate iCloud email address to put my email into iCloud drives. I set this up and then turned on iCloud Drive in my email. Today i read that anything you delete from iCloud Drive email stays in the Drive. I’VE  CHANGED MY MIND AND NOW IWANT TO TURN OFF ICLOUD DRIVE EMAIL. Apple website was so confusing about doing this saying something about losing information. WILL I LOSE ALL MY EMAILS IF I TURN OFF ICLOUD DRIVE EMAIL NOW?   What will happen? 

I spoke with Apple. Nothing happens to my emails if I turn off iCloud for email.