Honored Contributor

Can't Save Bookmarks After Updating Safari

I updated Safari to 13.0.1 last night.  Some of my bookmarks that were saved in my Favorites are no longer there.  I tried to save them again in both Favorites and regular bookmarks, and they do not save.  I Googled this problem and can't find anything.  Everything that comes up is about losing your bookmarks which isn't my problem.  I wondered if someone could help me or if I need to call Apple.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

Re: Can't Save Bookmarks After Updating Safari

Is there an Apple help/support group on line?  If so, check with them.  If not, I think I would call Apple.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I haven't had that problem, but I have had several items stored in the iCloud that I couldn't retrieve after that update.  I had to hassle with several things I order to get them downloaded.  Thankfully, I don't keep many documents in the cloud.  

Also, thankfully, I didn't update my phone at the same time, so I could access from it.

Honored Contributor

I find the i cloud is a problem for me, and too many updates.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@Nonametoday wrote:

Is there an Apple help/support group on line?  If so, check with them.  If not, I think I would call Apple.

@Nonametoday   I had forgotten about the Apple Community.  I just posted my question to them.  I will call if I don't get an answer.  Thank you.

-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Mine just updated,and same problem.On my screen only some of my favorites, post what you find out,please.

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

Mine just updated,and same problem.On my screen only some of my favorites, post what you find out,please.

@goldensrbest   I only got some of my Favorites back with the upgrade, too.  I got my first answer from the Apple community.  He said it might be a corrupt file, but if the same thing happened to you I don't think so.  He gave me a very complicated way to handle it.  I don't understand anything that he said.  I think I will call Apple.  I'll let you know what they say.  I can't call for a couple of hours.

-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

@goldensrbest   I just spent about 45 minutes on the phone with Apple support.  I have to buy an external hard drive and call them back to back up my computer and start over with this.  We tried a couple of things that didn't work.  I tried to buy an external hard drive one other time but it didn't support a Mac.  I'll go to Best Buy and talk to them.  She sent me a list of what will work with a Mac but told me that Best Buy would know, too.

-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@NickNack , That makes me crazy, we should not have to buy anything,  i have had my doubts about all the updating they say we need. I still have a list on side bar,so i may just keep it that way,don't want to buy a hard drive.

Honored Contributor

@NickNack  , as i click on my favorites at side bar ,they go on page.