Honored Contributor

I was able to sync I message hubby phone and computer

It was really easy, I had huge troubles when I tried to do the same thing late last year, to the point of having to upgrade his system which caused his ITunes to do all sorts of crazy things, it was pretty easy and it was great to challenge my brain for a change

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Trusted Contributor

Re: I was able to sync I message hubby phone and computer

Good for you dear

Apple products have been easy to use by us and they keep things very simple. 

Apple only makes a product if Apple can do it better, that's why they are so good at them and run to the bank daily so happy!

The Supreme Happiness Of Life Consists In The Conviction That One Is Loved.
I come from the beautiful and sunny Athens Greece
Contributor

I just hope they don't shorten the lifespan of their cellphones. It sucks bigtime for an iPhone to be functional only for a year or so, until you'd need to upgrade again.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@NorlansThompson wrote:

I just hope they don't shorten the lifespan of their cellphones. It sucks bigtime for an iPhone to be functional only for a year or so, until you'd need to upgrade again.

I have an iPhone 6 and it works just fine.  Where did you get the idea they only last a year? 

Honored Contributor

@glb613 wrote:

@NorlansThompson wrote:

I have an iPhone 6 and it works just fine.  Where did you get the idea theybonly last a year? 

@glb613 @NorlansThompson  Same here. I have an iPhone 5 and it works fine. I think my husbands is older and a handoff from a relative and it works fine.

Contributor

Not with the recent updates. Bloatwares and kernel-based apps are making a few older iPhone models obsolete, making them slower and unreliable.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@NorlansThompson wrote:

@NorlansThompson

iPhones receive security and Apple software updates  for the longest period of time. An iPhone 11 may receive updates for five years. 

Android phone system upgrades depend on the manufacturer. Google phones  receive the most upgrades and Tracfones the least. 

Samsung customers are not happy, most flagships cost more than a 1K. A phone gets only two  years of software upgrades, monthly security patches, and an additional year of quarterly security updates. 

I am curious what will happen when the Note 20 comes to market in August. Will the company extend the upgrades?