Honored Contributor

I spoke too quickly yesterday. Internet went down again last night.

At this moment, my internet is working. Last night it went down again. I called ATT DSL and rep says she shows no current outage. This was after calling on Tuesday because a repair tech at my house for a service call said there’s an outage. At that time I called and the att rep said this outage would be repaired by a Thursday. Yes, net worked Thursday, but only in daytime. Went out in early evening. Still out this morn so I called again. Agent wanted to set another outside service call since she didn’t see an outage. I told her I want to wait a day before making a third appointment. Just after this call the net came back. I’m definitely switching from DSL to what was called ATT Uverse. It now has another name. 

Honored Contributor

Re: I spoke too quickly yesterday. Internet went down again last night.

[ Edited ]

@Mindy D- We've got the same issues.  I called the 24/7 tech line only to get a recorded message that they are having "issues" and are working "hard" to get it fixed.  Our internet has been dropping the signal for weeks now and has gotten really bad this past week.  We've been without service some days for hours on end.

I also noticed that their monthly "care" fee has gone up from $3.95 to $6.95 with no notice at all.  We have lousy internet service at the best of times and this isn't the best of times!

I know now that, when a page is taking too long to load, it means the internet has gone out again and I may as well go do something else for a few hours.

(Oh yeah - and when we had issues like this at one point last year, I called and spoke to a rep who said (on finding it had "only" gone out a couple dozen times said "Oh that's not bad.  We've had customers who've lost their connection hundreds of times."  I kid you not!)