Contributor

I pay $69.95 a month (Xfinity) for internet only, have 3 Roku's on my TV's and I've never had a problem with streaming speed/quality. I also love HGTV, but I watch several shows I like on YouTube (regular YT, not the paying kind).

Honored Contributor

@The Odd One , I considered just purchasing internet from Spectrum, DH is 'thinking about it' ha!...We'd also have to purchase 2 more Roku's, but they are only a one time purchase..trying to teach an old dog new tricks, can be difficult.

I understand it's a bit of a learning curve but I am willing....time will tell!

Respected Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

@The Odd One , I considered just purchasing internet from Spectrum, DH is 'thinking about it' ha!...We'd also have to purchase 2 more Roku's, but they are only a one time purchase..trying to teach an old dog new tricks, can be difficult.

I understand it's a bit of a learning curve but I am willing....time will tell!

Have you looked into the MLB streaming channel? 

Valued Contributor

@Mom2Dogs , 

I love my Roku because I subscribe to a few channels so that I can get commercial free programming. I have CBS, AcornTV, Netflix, BritBox, Amazon Prime, and off and on others.  But I'm still paying what I think is too much to Spectrum, over $200/mo.  So one of these days I am going to price out other options.

I had looked at Sling TV but they don't carry the channels I want.  You may want to investigate prices and coverage with Sling and with DirectTVNOW to see if their packages include the channels you want.

Reviewing the channels on Roku.com is just the start because they don't lay out what is available thru each channel. For that one must go directly to the website of the particular channel.  Checking out the options and calculating price comparisons is a time consuming process. One of these days I must get around to checking all these things out again because Spectrum raises prices twice a year.

Respected Contributor

@JGalt wrote:

@Mom2Dogs , 

I love my Roku because I subscribe to a few channels so that I can get commercial free programming. I have CBS, AcornTV, Netflix, BritBox, Amazon Prime, and off and on others.  But I'm still paying what I think is too much to Spectrum, over $200/mo.  So one of these days I am going to price out other options.

I had looked at Sling TV but they don't carry the channels I want.  You may want to investigate prices and coverage with Sling and with DirectTVNOW to see if their packages include the channels you want.

Reviewing the channels on Roku.com is just the start because they don't lay out what is available thru each channel. For that one must go directly to the website of the particular channel.  Checking out the options and calculating price comparisons is a time consuming process. One of these days I must get around to checking all these things out again because Spectrum raises prices twice a year.

I love both Acorn TV and Britbox.  I also have Netflix and Amazon but don't watch them as much.  If I didn't like to watch sports, not a lot but I still want to watch my favorite teams, I'd get an antenna and cancel cable.