Honored Contributor

Re: I need a LaserJet Printer

@kivah wrote:

I'm looking to buy a new LaserJet Printer -- black & white (don't need color) - and would like the copy function. Something not to big for my computer desk. I don't print often - and up to $150. Can u recommend a brand, model #, etc.???

if you don't print often an inkjet might be less expensive in terms of initial cost and cartridges

laser jet is more for quick printing and lots of it. 

Respected Contributor

I'm a Canon fan. Got my current printer/copier/scanner at Wal-Mart for < $100. I am not familiar with current models, but any which meets your needs should be fine. Different models have different additional features. Pick a model based on what feartures matter to you.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

@kivah wrote:

I'm looking to buy a new LaserJet Printer -- black & white (don't need color) - and would like the copy function. Something not to big for my computer desk. I don't print often - and up to $150. Can u recommend a brand, model #, etc.???

if you don't print often an inkjet might be less expensive in terms of initial cost and cartridges

I respectfully disagree. If you don't use an inkjet printer much the printer cartridges will dry out and need to be replaced frequently. I paid less than $50 for a Samsung laser printer back in 2015 and it's been fantastic for me. It's still on the original toner cartridge. The one I bought was the Samsung Wireless Monchrome Printer (SL-M2020W/XAA) for $47.89 through Amazon. I've printed hundreds of pages since that time and I've still got something like 25% of the original toner left. It doesn't dry out, go bad, or lose it's ability to print. I would have gone through multiple inkjet cartridges in that time and would never be sure if the one in there was ready to go or not until I tried to use it. For less than $50, it was an insanely good deal. This printer isn't what the OP wants however as it's a pure printer, no scanner/copy feature, but for just plain old monochrome printing, it's hard to beat. I highly recommend laser printers these days as their price has come way, way down and the quality of the printing is very, very good.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

@gardenman wrote:

@jackthebear wrote:

@kivah wrote:

I respectfully disagree. If you don't use an inkjet printer much the printer cartridges will dry out and need to be replaced frequently. I paid less than $50 for a Samsung laser printer back in 2015 and it's been fantastic for me. It's still on the original toner cartridge. The one I bought was the Samsung Wireless Monchrome Printer (SL-M2020W/XAA) for $47.89 through Amazon. I've printed hundreds of pages since that time and I've still got something like 25% of the original toner left. It doesn't dry out, go bad, or lose it's ability to print. I would have gone through multiple inkjet cartridges in that time and would never be sure if the one in there was ready to go or not until I tried to use it. For less than $50, it was an insanely good deal. This printer isn't what the OP wants however as it's a pure printer, no scanner/copy feature, but for just plain old monochrome printing, it's hard to beat. I highly recommend laser printers these days as their price has come way, way down and the quality of the printing is very, very good.

Good to get all,points of view

Esteemed Contributor

@gardenman

I print very little - just lists for Costco, etc.

I have the inkjet and the ink dries out often.

Honored Contributor

@kivah wrote:

@gardenman

I print very little - just lists for Costco, etc.

I have the inkjet and the ink dries out often.

The same with me. I'd go to print something and find the ink had dried out. I don't print all that often and I'd never know if the ink was good until I needed to print something. The laser toner never dries out and I've been using the same cartridge for over two years now. It's saved me a fortune.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!