Esteemed Contributor

I'm looking to buy a new LaserJet Printer -- black & white (don't need color) - and would like the copy function. Something not to big for my computer desk. I don't print often - and up to $150. Can u recommend a brand, model #, etc.???

Honored Contributor

Re: I need a LaserJet Printer

[ Edited ]

@kivah  I have always been happy with HP.  They last forever and work really well.

Honored Contributor

If you decide on an HP, make sure the paper tray accepts more than 20 sheets at a time.  We just bought an HP (after having one for years) and it won't hold more than 20 sheets at a time.  Works great, love the brand but the paper tray is ridiculous..... 

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

I have the Hp Photosmart printer 6520. It scans and copies as well. Bought at Best Buy a few years back under $100. Printers are so reasonable nowadays.

Honored Contributor

I have an HP 3 in 1 printer.  Bought it at Wal-Mart for $47.  It's wireless too.  Works great.

Valued Contributor

Within the last 6 months we bought an Epson Expression XP-640 at Staples for approx $`130  It has a separate tray for photo paper and the pictures download from phone or computer and look fab.

Downside is that the ink seems to run out quickly and cost is $$$

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@kivah,I had. Brother laser printer I really liked.  How many pages per minute and cartridge (or whatever they call it for laser printers) cost were two of my big considerations.  Watch out for that cost.  They may have a good printer price but they get on the cost of cartridge replacement.  LM

Esteemed Contributor

I have owned, two HP laser printers. My current. Printer is 15  years old. HP usually supports there printers a long time

Please go to, Amazon and look for a laser printer. Your budget is too small for a unit with a copy function. 

You have to make sure the printer will support the flavor of Windows you are running. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I find cnet dot com to be the best site for me to evaluate electronic devices. I trust their information and can always find what I'm looking for.  Just go to their 'REVIEWS' tab then select 'Printers'. Next you can narrow it down even further by price, brand and type. Good luck.Woman Happy

ETA - When you go to the printer reviews section, there is also a BUYING GUIDE tab that may help you decide which kind of printer will best suit your needs.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I just recently (April) replaced my old HP officejet with a new officejet.4650.  I paid $69 from Amazon. 

Two replacement cartridges (black/color) cost about $30.  I print a lot ... and cartridges last me about two months.   Occasionally, HP has a deal where you get discount on multiples.