Honored Contributor

How do you keep a record of all your passwords and user names?

I've been using a little spiral notepad to store the hundreds of login details I have now. The pads are still made and I might be able to find one out there but I'm looking for a new one because the pages rip out too easily. I'd like to know what you do to take care of this issue?

Honored Contributor

Re: How do you keep a record of all your passwords and user names?

@Mindy D wrote:

I've been using a little spiral notepad to store the hundreds of login details I have now. The pads are still made and I might be able to find one out there but I'm looking for a new one because the pages rip out too easily. I'd like to know what you do to take care of this issue?

I got a address book and use that, alpha by company

and use google and or keychain 

for some things like here 

Esteemed Contributor

First check to see which ones can be closed. A pruning?

Frequent Contributor

I have them all in my phone (which has a passcode).  That way they go everywhere with me.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have a purse size notebook from the old days. It has separations for A thru Z and pages to write on. I guess it was called an address book. Anyway, if I need my password for Apple, I have it written down on the A page. I'm not explaining very well, but I just write my password under the appropriate letter. Edit to add, What Jackthebear said.

Honored Contributor

Small leather telephone book .... easiest method ... everything is in alphabet order - in my desk drawer.

(I used to use a small spiral notebook - but then had to leaf through page by page to find something.)

Trusted Contributor

I have a coded list on my computer that I print out each year and tape it in the back of my planner.  It is coded by X's and x's and I know what they mean.  

Esteemed Contributor

Do you have lock on phone and can you access your task list? If you have a safe -- keep a copy in your safe. Lots of options

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

I use a file on my email account.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@kristina1 wrote:

I have them all in my phone (which has a passcode).  That way they go everywhere with me.

@kristina1 @What if whatever place in your phone where you store this information gets hacked?