Esteemed Contributor

Happy housewife, I have to move this to my desktop for DH. Can't right click it anymore so will try what you have done. Thanks for that.

Super Contributor
On 4/30/2014 glb613 said:
On 4/30/2014 Lilysmom said: PS ... I have yahoo mail and hotmail. Do I need gmail too?

No, I have a Hotmail account, don't get any spam and I'v the same account for years. People who get spam usually go to questionable places, click on links, download "stuff" or other type of unsafe surfing.

that is very wrong! i never did any of those things and always gots tons of spam and awful emails. i got rid of hotmail years ago because of it after having it over 6 years. there was always some kind of virus associated with that account the last few years. prior to that i had no problems.

Respected Contributor
On 5/1/2014 shesallthat said:
On 4/30/2014 Lilysmom said: PS ... I have yahoo mail and hotmail. Do I need gmail too?

No, I have a Hotmail account, don't get any spam and I'v the same account for years. People who get spam usually go to questionable places, click on links, download "stuff" or other type of unsafe surfing.

that is very wrong! i never did any of those things and always gots tons of spam and awful emails. i got rid of hotmail years ago because of it after having it over 6 years. there was always some kind of virus associated with that account the last few years. prior to that i had no problems.

It's not wrong. I've had a Hotmail account for over 10 years and never any spam.
Super Contributor
On 5/1/2014 glb613 said:

It's not wrong. I've had a Hotmail account for over 10 years and never any spam.

Never?

Super Contributor
On 5/1/2014 Bikkie said:
On 5/1/2014 glb613 said:

Never?

it is VERY WRONG!!!! becasue it happened to me! i know you think you know it all but you don't. as i said - NONE of those things were done by me because i knew better. the account was rarely used but anytime i logged on i had tons of email that was spam. ONE person had my hotmail addy and it would send her odd emails supposedly from me and some had a virus so i just finally closed it and stopped using it. so yea - it does happen.

Contributor

I have had Hotmail for many years. There were times that there was so much "bad" mail I wanted to switch. I got other accounts but never made them my main account. A month or two ago Outlook (Hotmail) must have done some changes. I very rarely get any mail I don't want any more. There have been a couple that have crept in saying Facebook, but I blocked them.

Super Contributor

I'm really sick of Hotmail and all their stupid spam and all the info they always want to know. I had to change my password too and every single day they ask if it was me that did it. It takes 30 days for them to quit asking.

But I use this Hotmail account for garbage and junk and stuff I don't want in my regular e-mail account. It's WAY better than Yahoo (garbage central) on it's worst day though. And I haven't used g-mail yet.

Part of this stuff with Hotmail might be the virus that Internet Explorer had warned us about. MSN is notorious for viruses. The patch to fix it was in my updates this morning though.

Oh and I never go to questionable sites where spam e-mails come from. I am very careful about what I will even open in my browser. There are just a lot of spammers out there and sometimes they get through for awhile. Eventually, they go away. Don't EVER open one of those and ask to be removed from their list. It just gives them a valid e-mail address.

Valued Contributor

I switched from yahoo mail to gmail. No experience with hotmail. On two separate occasions, my yahoo mail was compromised and embarassing spam went out to everyone in my address book. Never again.

I don't click on links ever or go to bad sites, and I got tons of spam. So, I do believe it happens. The nature of the spam was oftentimes very offensive. I don't have that problem with gmail.

Respected Contributor
On 5/1/2014 Bikkie said:
On 5/1/2014 glb613 said:

Never?

Never and I use my Hotmail account for FaceBook, contests, Big Fish games, etc. It's not my main e-mail account but I use it everyday. I'm also fortunate to have friends who don't send all of the garbage e-mails that are often riddled with malware.

Super Contributor
On 5/10/2014 Wen Woman said:

I switched from yahoo mail to gmail. No experience with hotmail. On two separate occasions, my yahoo mail was compromised and embarassing spam went out to everyone in my address book. Never again.

I don't click on links ever or go to bad sites, and I got tons of spam. So, I do believe it happens. The nature of the spam was oftentimes very offensive. I don't have that problem with gmail.

of course it happens even though some people refuse to admit it. as i said - one friend had my hotmail account and she never sent me anything outside of a simple email. no links to other sites,no "you have to read this/see this" - no "gargbage emails",etc. ever! just simple communications between college friends about our families. we both have our own home biz's and would not ever do anything that would cause a problem that could keep us from using our computers for who knows how long if it was really bad!