Respected Contributor

Hey Computer Geeks! What do you think about ...

The TSV on HSN today? HP Officejet Wireless #088-516 =$129.95.

This morning I was printing a 50 page doc and when I went to remove it from the printer -- NADA!! One page printed. The other pages? ... Don't know what happened ... Maybe I needed ink. But I just bought ink! And this one has some program called "instant ink". Plus four E-Z pays of $33. I can afford that.

Looks good to me!

???

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Hey Computer Geeks! What do you think about ...

You may need ink, or paper. The print job maybe stuck in your computer. You should check the taskbar. You may see a print icon. See if you delete the print job from the queue. Try printing again.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c02239404&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en

Esteemed Contributor

Your computer may need cleaning of junk files. I like free CCleaner. I uncheck the cookies.

I also use System Ninja

Trusted Contributor

Or your ink just dried up Smiley Sad We had that problem all the time because we didn't' print often. We could put in a new set of ink cartridges, print a couple of pages, then when we needed the printer again a couple of months later it would be low or out of ink. We finally just got rid of all printers and when we need something we print it at work and pay per copy. It's not ideal but until we find a printer that doesn't let those expensive cartridges dry out all the time we aren't investing in another one.

Does anyone know of options?

KJPA
Respected Contributor

On 8/8/2014 KJPA said:

Or your ink just dried up Smiley Sad We had that problem all the time because we didn't' print often. We could put in a new set of ink cartridges, print a couple of pages, then when we needed the printer again a couple of months later it would be low or out of ink. We finally just got rid of all printers and when we need something we print it at work and pay per copy. It's not ideal but until we find a printer that doesn't let those expensive cartridges dry out all the time we aren't investing in another one.

Hmmmm ... that IS interesting because I don't print frequently either. In fact, that 50 pg. doc I mentioned ??? they were emails and the 2nd pages on all of them were actually blank. So, I was really printing 25 one-paged emails. Something I rarely do.

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."
Respected Contributor

On 8/8/2014 rina33 said:
On 8/8/2014 KJPA said:

Hmmmm ... that IS interesting because I don't print frequently either. In fact, that 50 pg. doc I mentioned ??? they were emails and the 2nd pages on all of them were actually blank. So, I was really printing 25 one-paged emails. Something I rarely do.

I didn't know ... if you don't print frequently, the ink dries up.

Respected Contributor

I don't print a lot and my ink doesn't dry up. Do you leave your printer on?

Super Contributor

i guess its your ink problem.

Honored Contributor

Call HP tech support.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Trusted Contributor

Yes, we leave the printer on but it goes into sleep mode. I don't think that should dry it out. We've had other printers that seemed to be the same way so we figured they are all like that. Hubby is an IT guy although hardware isn't his thing. His buddy at work just says to either get a new one or get an old laser printer that doesn't use ink.

Maybe printers have improved in the last 8 years or so Smiley Wink

KJPA