Super Contributor

Trac phone rep gulps when a real question is asked

<h1> Tracfone REP gulps when a real question is asked.</h1>
Posted by Spunkyspouts 08/05/2014 at 9:48 PM
replies

I just deplore when the reps and hosts have an attitude when somebody manages to get a real question or problem into their conversation on air. Good grief the sun can't shine 100% of the time, get real. This poor woman called in and wanted to know what it meant when she couldnt access the web and got an error message. She sure didnt get her question ANSWERED AND i HAVE A BEEF WITH THIS ATTITUDE AND i ALSO WANT YOU TO START EXPLAINING ALL THE DETAILS ON THESE TRACFONES. i HAVE ONE AND THEre IS ALLOT YOU DO NOT ADDRESS. yOU CAN NOT JUST CALL mEXICO, THERE IS ALLOT MORE TO IT THAN THAT, WE TRIED AND JUST GAVE UP, AND YOU CANT JUST USE THE WEB WITHOUT RACKING UP HUGE AMOUNTS OF MINUTES. So would you all take a deep breath and explain this phone in a more honest way. Thank you

Super Contributor

Re: Trac phone rep gulps when a real question is asked

The mobile web feature is useless. I have the lg 840g, and calling internationally is quite easy. You first must dial an 800 number to setup and go through first. This phone doesn't have enough smartphone features to make the change. I agree, the rep isn't very informative or comfortable in demonstrating the phones features, so it's a pass for me.

Valued Contributor

I wonder if the OP's 7,000 other posts are similar to this one.
Respected Contributor

They are not providing tech support during a sales presentation.

Honored Contributor

On 8/6/2014 glb613 said:

Exactly!! The basic features were explained quite well. tTere is no way possible to address all and ifs or buts. Tracfone has a FAQ online explanations section and online chats are available as well as phone CS. I have never had any problems when I have contacted either of those options.

Super Contributor

On 8/6/2014 glb613 said:

I saw the presentation and the rep "over stated " the phone's capabilities. The OP is correct. Unfortunately, this happens on a fairly regular basis on the shopping channels. Sadly, it's buyer beware.

Super Contributor

I agree with the OP - I just caught 2 min of the on-air presentation but it was about how many minutes are used up per text or web usage. She double talked her way thru, obviously VERY, VERY uncomfortable!

Honored Contributor

They always try to dump the callers who ask the hard questions.

Super Contributor

The caller's question was she got a message "access denied". That's not a question about the use of a Tracfone, so there was no way the rep could have known the answer. The LG phone presented yesterday was a very basic phone and IMO that was clearly stated.

Honored Contributor

Anyone who thinks they are getting a real smart phone for this price is very sadly uninformed.It does have very limited capabilities on the web but when I had my LG 840g I found it could get me on FB and pick up my e mails fine. I have since purchased a Tracfone android phone and it can get on the web - though I would only use the browser to do that in an emergency as it really rack up min quickly. However , when I have my wifi device or I'm in a hotspot, I can get on the web the same as any other, much more expensive smartphone. I can't imagine ever going back to a contract phone again, that is definitely not in my budget.