Honored Contributor

Help with Bose Sound dock xt

I had to buy an adapter to be able to use this Bose with my Ipad Mini as the mini was too big to sit on the lightning tip, like an Iphone could.--no big deal. However, I would like to be able to use my Android tablet with this Bose too. any suggestions as to where and what I can get?

thanks

Regular Contributor

Re: Help with Bose Sound dock xt

Does your Bose have a AUX input jack?  You could get a cable to plug into the headphone jack on the tablet (I assume there is one?) then into the AUX.  That's how I connect my iPod into my Bose.

Honored Contributor

@wagirl wrote:

I had to buy an adapter to be able to use this Bose with my Ipad Mini as the mini was too big to sit on the lightning tip, like an Iphone could.--no big deal. However, I would like to be able to use my Android tablet with this Bose too. any suggestions as to where and what I can get?

thanks

@wagirl

Putting this upfront. I have never been a fan of anything Bose, like all the "i" electronics I feel exactly the same. They are both overpriced, and what I do know about Bose sound is this: I think the muddled all sounds, and maybe they have updated their newer devices, but at 1 time you could not adjust the base/treble/balance, much less be able to adjust the "Hz"(Hertz) sound levels. Now!

Unless these "i" things have changed, I would have to think Bose has an iron clad contract with Apple. I would think that keeps everything "i", which is all proprietary to Apple, exclusive.

In other words, I do not think Apple wants Android, the Operating System that is outselling them, to be able to use Bose or any other company with which they contract, to make any "i" device to able to be used by any Android product, via any type of adapter or converter. That would defeat their $$$ purposes to keep their prices double that of the Android.

Don't know that later paragraphs as facts, but it would surprise me, knowing the history of Apple, and the forever quest to overprice their products as if they were a monopoly when it comes to mobile devices, which they are not.

Ahhh! That felt good

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@VolvoGirl wrote:

Does your Bose have a AUX input jack?  You could get a cable to plug into the headphone jack on the tablet (I assume there is one?) then into the AUX.  That's how I connect my iPod into my Bose

I have an old 30 pin iPod classic Bose Doc. I use it with an audio cable to enchance the sound of my laptop. I use the head phone jack on the laptop with an audio out on the Bose.

This what a cable looks like.  Please do not spend a lot of money for a simple audio cable.

Honored Contributor

volvogirl---yes they both have aux inputs!!! I believe you answered my question.  Thanks!!!

Honored Contributor

Thanks all--I know what I need now. I knew I would be able to get an answer from this forum. John--glad you were able to vent--I am very pleased with this Bose so far. Does all I need without much fuss.