Honored Contributor

Re: Help please- need new IPad and undecided.

@Buster43: Thank you! Good news and my friend agreed. SouthernBee 

Honored Contributor

@jaxs mom: Thank you and totally agree and understand what you said. When I retired in 2000- my place of employment had the worst computers and not even interested in anything for my home. When I married my DH insisted on a computer because he was still working. He need help researching information and decided he wanted me to help. Great idea until he showed me how to search product information and best prices and then I discovered on line shopping. Love the benefits but not the idea of product replacement every two years. SouthernBee 

Honored Contributor

@SouthernBee

I am pretty sure that most people have seen little kids just instinctively pick technology up!

DGS (2 and will be 3 soon) has a sister (5) who knows her way around an iPad! 

I believe she learned from one of the teens at her day care.

The first time I watched her confidently swipe after choosing YouTube I was in amazement!

Anyway, the FaceTime call happened due to a series of missed calls showing up under DDs name@ It was confusing, but you have to laugh when you realize that DGS kept shutting it off not realizing that he had called us. It was fun talking to him when he realized we were on the screen. Lol

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm a fan of Apple products (even though I do feel and wince at some of the glitches we never saw when Steve Jobs was at the helm).   In addition to the great advice and suggestions on this thread I always like to remind everyone that if the cost is a consideration, in one (maybe more?) of the summer months many states have "tax-free" days that include the purchase of electronic devices like computers and tablets.   

I saved quite a bit of money by buying my iMac and my iPad at that time, no taxes charged.   I also purchased with my Discover Card through their "Discover Deals" system, which off and on includes 5% cashback on Apple.com purchases.   Every little bit helps, right?    Best of luck to you, @SouthernBee, and be sure to ask questions here.  I hope you love your new device!

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@dooBdooHaving issues with Samsung tablet. This morning locked out of new ipad and disabled.  No transportation for next few days to get help. Dh has memory issues today and not on his computer.  Had planned to call Apple today to purchase Apple care and ask a few questions. Was impressed with the new ipad and the speed of everything.  Tablet not keeping a charge. Me and my soap operas. Wanted to wait until August to make purchase but still received a good deal. Appreciate you and everyone's help. Southern Bee

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo: I appreciate your and everyone’s help. Still learning about the new iPad. Best Buy was not able to reset my iPad but they refunded my $39 and then told me about a repair shop in my community that I had never heard of. They said it was our best thing similar to a Apple store- so the negative results provided much needed information. The store sales only Apple products and all staff are Apple approved and trained. My tech directed me to a very comfortable chair and said to share my story but for me it was a soap opera. He restored everything and bypassed the password and thumb feature to make everything easier for me. The two year Apple care was $69 and was only charged $30 for the reset. The tech said that they had been open for 10 years. I said they needed a better sign outside and need to indicate Apple approved sales and repair store. Happy and relieved to have local option. Love the iPad speed and HD like colors. My games were restored to my original levels. I am very Blessed and Thankful.SouthernBee❤️❤️❤️