Honored Contributor

Help please- need new IPad and undecided.

Not to offend anyone- first two tablets were Samsung Galaxy and really  never satisfied with product. Two years ago, purchased refurbished  Apple IPad 2 model A1395 to see if I would like it. Several months ago had problems and so many wonderful and helpful people on this forum provided much needed help. I have cleaned and deleted as much as I could but IPad very slow and pages freeze. I have read reviews on the current IPad. I know that I want more than 32 GB. One friend suggested a lap top. I am retired but use IPad for a lot of research, emails, playing games, plus on QVC forums.Any product available to last longer than 2 years? No Apple Store in my area. I need someone to show me how to use the product. I will call Best Buy in the morning to see what they have available in the store and maybe check the PX. What are the differences with the IPad Pro and the Ipad?Any information, suggestions appreciated from anyone that has had the same problems. Thank you, Southern Bee

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Help please- need new IPad and undecided.

[ Edited ]

@SouthernBee:  Sounds like you are into Apple but I use a much cheaper tablet the 10 Fire.  Additionally it has an expansion slot so you can increase memory to 64 gb and beyond.  I don't care if my tablet does last more than 2 yrs since it cost closer to $200 than $1400.

Honored Contributor

@SouthernBee I got my iPad at Best Buy about 3 months ago. It is 64 GB. It replaced my 5-6 yr old iPad which was 32 GB. So far I’m very pleased with it.

Honored Contributor

@SouthernBee

"What are the differences with the IPad Pro and the Ipad?"

Many.  Go to the iPad Apple website & review/read the specs for each one.

"I need someone to show me how to use the product."

Apple has video support on YouTube as well as their own support user forums, Knowledge Base Articles, etc.

Also  check Apple's User's Groups.  There may be one in your area.  These folks give one on one support.

Books:  iPad The Missing Manual - can be found at Barns & Nobles.  Also, you can find this user friendly manual at your local library.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Contributor

This is what I have done, I too, had the IPad Air2, with only 32 GB....I now purchased the latest one IPad Pro 64 GB, 10,5 screen....I Love ❤️ It!  The quality of the pictures & videos are far superior, it is like HD compared to the Air2.  It is more expensive, but well worth it.  I also have the Apple laptop, that I seldom use, along with a iPhone 7...All Apple, makes life so much easier & all compatible! 

I purchased mine at Best Buy, for $99.00 a year, Geek Squad will set them up & transfer everything from the old ones.  They will recycle & clean out your old ones too.  You can put up to 3 devices on one plan!  Works out perfect, as I need help with some problems, as I don’t have anyone close by that can help me.  They are the ones who told me that 64 GB would be plenty for me, for what I use it for.  They will be more than happy to assist you too!  I hope this helps you out to make a decision.....you won’t be sorry!  Get the Pro!  

Honored Contributor

@patbz: Thanks for the information, however-  I am not into "Apple", I am a very basic and conservative person. I do not purchase a name brand to show off. I am not into expensive clothes, handbags etc., but at my age - almost 64 consider purchases that are easier and and comfortable for me to use!!! I live on a budget and not beyond my income. My motto now for any purchases - to be upgrade on previous item to make things quicker and easier to use and less stress!!! Southern  Bee

Honored Contributor

@OKPrincess: Thank you and enjoy your purchase.Southern Bee

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac: Great info and have done several things you suggested but dizzy with details and wanted people to give infiormation on their information and experience with product. Southern Bee

Honored Contributor

@Poopie: Thank you!!! You provided the details and information that I needed. My IPad was refurbished and the first Apple product. It had all the preloaded apps and many that I never used. I tried not to over load it and only had two games installed. The last few months deleted as much as possible to free up space and to function faster. I do not own a smart phone but basic flip phone for emergencies. I liked the IPad for the size screen because of eye problems. Just hate to spend extra $$$ for my toy! Excited for you and enjoy. SouthernBee 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SouthernBee wrote:

Not to offend anyone- first two tablets were Samsung Galaxy and really  never satisfied with product. Two years ago, purchased refurbished  Apple IPad 2 model A1395 to see if I would like it. Several months ago had problems and so many wonderful and helpful people on this forum provided much needed help. I have cleaned and deleted as much as I could but IPad very slow and pages freeze. I have read reviews on the current IPad. I know that I want more than 32 GB. One friend suggested a lap top. I am retired but use IPad for a lot of research, emails, playing games, plus on QVC forums.Any product available to last longer than 2 years? No Apple Store in my area. I need someone to show me how to use the product. I will call Best Buy in the morning to see what they have available in the store and maybe check the PX. What are the differences with the IPad Pro and the Ipad?Any information, suggestions appreciated from anyone that has had the same problems. Thank you, Southern Bee

first of all 

ipad2 is technologicall old,  and you probably need to get a newer ipad that can take the bigger operating system

I would  go to an Apple store and ask for guidance and also go to their website, they have a compare page,

you probably don't need the biggest storage or fastest processor, but at the same time dont sell yourself short and cheap out and you will be outdated again

helpful?

ask me more 

just saw there is no apple store near you