Valued Contributor

Help on Tracfone....Maybe Hckynut (John)

[ Edited ]

@hckynut .....Just setting up the new Tracfone we bought a couple of months ago from HSN.... (I think it's the same you got)  Question...when transferring...it doesn't transfer text messages!!  Why, and how can I do it?

Thanks,

Jan

Honored Contributor

Re: Help on Tracfone....Maybe Hckynut (John)

@hckynutjohn 

You have a shout out!

@highmaintenancejan using the @ symbol with his username will send him a notification that he's being addressed, in case he misses it, just trying to be helpful!)

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Valued Contributor

Thanks @KingstonsMom  that will be a great help!!!  

Valued Contributor

@hckynutjohn  I'm just asking if you can help me with the question below.  Thanks, Jan

Esteemed Contributor

@highmaintenancejan 

I don't and have never text, not 1 time. My wife however? It's seems to be her favorite way of communicating. I will ask her how she transferred hers from her older Tracfone. Her Tracfone is her secondary phone.

She left for a Pet Sitting Job Friday, and will not be back home until next week, on Sunday or Monday. Talk with her on the phone, but talking about these electronic things, doesn't translate too well that way.  It's on of those "show me, not tell me" type of things.

If I can learn something that way and figure out how to explain it to you, I will certainly give it a shot. Sorry, best I can do right now!

Our phones are the

Samsung Ao2 Model.

hckynut 🇺🇸

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

This is what you do:

1. Download Transfer Wizard from the Google Store to both phones. They must both be connected to the same wifi.

2. Follow the directions. Not hard at all.

3. Be patient while your texts, contacts, photos, etc. ALL get transferred over. Maybe 10 minutes, depending on how much you've got.

4. Turn off your old phone. You're done.

Good luck!

Valued Contributor

@hckynutjohn  Thanks, but I thought you bought the moto g stylus XT2115dl from hsn a couple of months ago for about $80.  

That's what we got.  We are just now activating them.  

Not a big deal about the texts.  Just a silly question.

@PickyPicky3 I think my husband used a transfer program. It did everything but texts. Thanks...

Honored Contributor

On my phone texts just move over when I activate it and log into Google. I got a new Moto G Stylus a few months ago and I have texts dating back to 2019 on it. I didn't use a transfer program or do anything but activate it and log into Google and told Google to move everything.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!