Respected Contributor

Re: Help. Something Is Under My Keyboard

@CAcableGirl2 wrote:

@rms1954  Are you able to pry the keys off?  Some keyboards allow you to take each one off - it just pops off and on.  If they do, you can just pry one off and clean under the key and put it back.

Just make sure you take a picture of where they are located so you put them back on correctly......

Sometimes, just turning it upside down and giving it a good firm shake or two may loosen whatever is under the keys. 

I removed some of my keyboard keys once (carefully) and then forever they kept popping off.

I ended up leaving them off.  

Esteemed Contributor

Miss having a DH, so handy to accuse 😍 Now I know I did it.

Stuff happens, a full cup of coffee does a number, crumbs are easy.

All good suggestions here.  Have fun.

Honored Contributor

I've always used keyboard covers on my desktops & MBPs.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

Thanks all. Appreciate all the advice.  Some to drastic for me.   He caught me trying to clean with a cue tip and using the can of air.  I tried to tell him I was just cleaning it .... but he ended up going to get some electronic cleaner and trying to clean it all.  He would not try to remove the keyboard or keys.  Said "never, ever ever do that."  It helped but a few of the keys are still sticking.  One side of the space bar is still sticking.  It's working somewhat better.  I just get so nervous and upset at the berating I have to put up with. 

Esteemed Contributor

Those crafting pipe cleaners work pretty well..

Trusted Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

Thanks all. Appreciate all the advice.  Some to drastic for me.   He caught me trying to clean with a cue tip and using the can of air.  I tried to tell him I was just cleaning it .... but he ended up going to get some electronic cleaner and trying to clean it all.  He would not try to remove the keyboard or keys.  Said "never, ever ever do that."  It helped but a few of the keys are still sticking.  One side of the space bar is still sticking.  It's working somewhat better.  I just get so nervous and upset at the berating I have to put up with. 

@rms1954???  If you feel threatened by this man at any time, you need to report it to the authorities.  In many cases all it takes is for law enforcement to come over once and have a little talk with him to put him on notice.  No grown children to help you?  No parents or friends you can escape to?? 

Honored Contributor

@agb80 wrote:

@rms1954 wrote:

@rms1954???  If you feel threatened by this man at any time, you need to report it to the authorities.  In many cases all it takes is for law enforcement to come over once and have a little talk with him to put him on notice.  No grown children to help you?  No parents or friends you can escape to?? 

Not afraid of him physically.  I am quite aware and able to contact authorities.  He's a very difficult person to live with is all.  

Honored Contributor

@newagain888888 wrote:

You didn't say whether you are using a laptop or desktop.

If desktop:

https://www.wikihow.com/Clean-a-Keyboard-in-a-Dishwasher

This sounds like the craziest idea ever, but have to tell you it works! I was super nervous to try it, but my keyboard came out spotless and with no damage!

I had a friend that would get her keyboard very wet to clean it...and she never had a problem with it working again.  I would be afraid to try it tho....I'm a chicken! and of course it makes a difference if you have a desktop or laptop.

Contributor

I think that you should tell your husband perhaps, he dropped some food or beverage on the computer and it went into the keyboard. i do not think he would 'kill you". would he?Woman Indifferent I use a hand held vacuum to clean my computer.