Super Contributor

Re: Help! How to get my Cell Photo to LapTop?

FYI, you should be making a backup of your phone on a regular basis. This can be done to your computer, an external hard drive or to an online storage such as iCloud. Phones are computers and have a lot of information on them, most of my friends use them as their main camera. If something happen to the phone, everything will be lost. I have Apple products and back up my phone to my computer. I also save data to the cloud and to an external hard drive. My desktop, which is what I use most of the time, had a hard drive failure over a year ago. If I didn't make regular backups, all of my data would have been lost. If the photos on your phone are important to you. have more than one copy.

Honored Contributor

@gadgetgal613I've been thinking we need to back up the contents on our laptop. Is there a site you know of that gives step-by-step directions? Our AARP magazine mentioned something called SSD cards, but didn't say how to use them.

Honored Contributor

If you have an Android phone the easiest thing to do is to use Google Photos. It will store a copy of all of your photos on the Google cloud at no charge. Then if you want a copy of it on your computer, you just open your web browser and go to photos.google.com and log in and there's your photo. Click on it to select it and then click on the three vertical dots at the top far right and an option to download the selected image will appear. You have your photo on your computer.

If you have Amazon Prime their photo app works the same way. It'll find your photos and store them on the Amazon cloud. Microsoft does the same with their One Drive if you have a Microsoft account.

Apple has their own cloud storage and photo storage options if you're using an iPhone. It's absurdly easy to safely back up and store your photos these days and have them available whenever you want them.

Mine are backed up on Amazon, Google, and One Drive. They're very efficient. So much so that if I delete a photo shortly after taking it, it's likely to still be on one of the clouds where they copied it before I could delete it.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!