Respected Contributor

Header on Windows 10 Live Mail Program Problem?

[ Edited ]

all of a sudden the header on my windows live e mail program stays on file. It always stayed on home before?

when I now want to delete anything I have to click on home than click delete than it goes right back to file. I have to do this for each and everything I want to delete, never had to do this before, always stayed on home.

Is there a way I can get it to go back and stay on home so I don't have to do this all the time, very time consuming.

I have windows 10 and use windows live mail

thank you

Respected Contributor

Re: Header on Windows 10 Live Mail Program Problem?

Doesn't anyone know anything about this or am I not explaining it right? This takes so long for me to do every time I come on the computer and open windows live mail. the header stays on file all the time and use to stay on home.

all I had to do before was click delete on each one and done. Now I have to click on home than click on delete than it goes right back to file again. I have to do this for the inbox and for the sent box.

Respected Contributor

@doglover3 wrote:

Doesn't anyone know anything about this or am I not explaining it right? This takes so long for me to do every time I come on the computer and open windows live mail. the header stays on file all the time and use to stay on home.

all I had to do before was click delete on each one and done. Now I have to click on home than click on delete than it goes right back to file again. I have to do this for the inbox and for the sent box.

Honestly, I like to help but I don't understand what you are talking about. What is a header?  

Respected Contributor

at the top of my windows 10 live mail program there is a header and the first thing it says is file, than comes home than folders than view than account.

It use to stay on home but now it stays on file. I have to click on home before I can delete anything in my e mail program than as soon as I click delete to delete something it goes right back to the first thing on the top again which is file.

It never did this before, always stayed on home unless I clicked on something else. Under file is where you go to print something, save, import etc and under home is where almost everything else is.

Trusted Contributor

Respected Contributor

thank you but no, I found this article too and did that, nothing. I tried everything I could find but nothing seems to work, no idea why or what else to do.

Respected Contributor

@doglover3 wrote:

at the top of my windows 10 live mail program there is a header and the first thing it says is file, than comes home than folders than view than account.

It use to stay on home but now it stays on file. I have to click on home before I can delete anything in my e mail program than as soon as I click delete to delete something it goes right back to the first thing on the top again which is file.

It never did this before, always stayed on home unless I clicked on something else. Under file is where you go to print something, save, import etc and under home is where almost everything else is.

For future reference it's called a menu bar not a header.  People may ask why is that important? Calling something by it's correct name is essential when asking for help. Otherwise people don't know what you're talking about. 

Almost every program has a way to personalize it.  I don't have Windows 10 Live Mail but I do have a Hotmail account.  There is a settings option to make it look the way you want.  One of the settings is to return to inbox after reading mail.  You might also look at the view option and see what is checked.  In other words, check out each menu item and see if there is a way to change the view to what you want. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

thank you and that's probably why I couldn't find as much when I googled  it calling it a header so thank you.

Will check out your suggestions, thanks a lot

Respected Contributor

Post back if you find the fix.

Respected Contributor

so far no, tried what everyone suggested but just goes back to where it is and stays on file instead of home?

this is what I found but doesn't work for me, should but doesn't

How do you set the Home tab to be default on windows live mail

We greatly appreciate your time and effort for getting back to us and for providing us a screenshot of your Windows Live Mail screen.

If you're pertaining to the Home tab as shown in the picture below, it is possible that the option to Minimize the ribbon is selected that's why some of the options such as Email message, Photo email, Items, etc are not visible.

If you want to set the Home tab as default, just simply click the drop down arrow beside the Home tab then please make sure to uncheck the Minimize the ribbon option.

Should you have any further questions or concerns, please let us know.

Regards,
Dhenz S.

I tried this and goes right back plus the top messages can't be seen doing this.