Trusted Contributor

Having Problems with TSV LG Ultimate II Phone--Help, Please

Hi, I am hoping someone can help me with some problems I am having with this phone. I found the manual but these are not addressed in there, at least that I could find.

I have a voice that says every thing I do. If I push the letter "a", she says "a". If I push the apps button, she says "apps button", etc. It drives me crazy. I can't find a place to turn it off.

In addition, in order to get anything to work, I have to touch it once and then quickly tap it twice once there is a yellow box around the icon. Same with typing letters or trying to make a phone call by using the number pad. I have to touch the key first and tap the letter or number twice. Needless to say, it is time consuming and unhandy to make a telephone call or send a message.

Can anyone help me with these two things? I know I can call tracfone service but it takes forever to reach someone and sometimes the person you get is difficult to understand or has a hard time understanding what I am trying to convey.

Thanks in advance for any assistance. I've never had an android phone and have had problems since the day I got it, but I think some of them are me not knowing what to do.

“I can do things you cannot, you can do things I cannot; together we can do great things.” St.Teresa of Calcutta
Honored Contributor

Re: Having Problems with TSV LG Ultimate II Phone--Help, Please

My best guess is that the accessibility settings are to blame. If you tap the "menu" Icon (three horizontal lines on the bottom right of the phone, then "system settings" then scroll way down to "system" you'll find the accessibility Icon. Click on that see if the "Talkback" is off or on. If on turn it off and that may solve your issue.
Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Trusted Contributor

Thanks, gardenman. That did turn the voice off so that annoying aspect has been taken care of.

“I can do things you cannot, you can do things I cannot; together we can do great things.” St.Teresa of Calcutta
Respected Contributor

Thanks, Gardenman, that's helpful info. You are a gem!