Valued Contributor

HOTMAIL PROBLEM

[ Edited ]

A few weeks ago my hotmail changed and I can write an email and it looks fine but then when I send it it goes to the other person with big spaces between it.  I get it back and the spaces are sometimes 3" or more between the lines.  I know there was an update a few weeks ago but I've looked and all I can find is double spacing in the body of the email.  I didn't change anything on my computer.  All my hotmails are doing it.  Does anyone else have problems since the last update.  I took a lot of my emails out so I can't pinpoint the exact date.  It's frustrating for people emailing me and going back and forth.  This is not in Office Outlook, just the regular hotmail.  I did notice that Editor said some emails were too long.  I assume the spaces made it too long.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm not having that particular problem but what I am having issues with that I'm wondering if it's an update related problem is that PITA auto-complete thing. The thing where you're part way through typing a word and the words finishes filling in for you automatically. It happens multiple times through a sentence. It's usually accompanied by the word TAB in parenthesis. 

While typing, near the bottom of the email in small print it asks if the auto-complete is helpful. If you click no a box comes up asking questions about what you don't like. But when I try to fill out the questionaire thing it doesn't fill in the info I'm typing in.

I just wish it would go away.

Honored Contributor

I didn't know hotmail was still around.

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Valued Contributor

shaggygirl, I had the same problem with the words coming up and I think I went into Editor and you can click to stop that.  It does get tiring after awhile.  On my hotmail the editor comes up when I click on the bottom where I would click to save a draft.  Several different things come up on mine the first is draft then Editor. 

Yes some of us still do use regular hotmail.  I have had mine for so long and all my accounts are on that one.  I have a Gmail too but don't like the way it looks.  I know it's just a preference.  If this continues I'll have to go to Gmail.

Esteemed Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

I didn't know hotmail was still around.

hckynut

@hckynut  Indeed it is, Microsoft calls it Outlook now.

Esteemed Contributor

@kismet wrote:

shaggygirl, I had the same problem with the words coming up and I think I went into Editor and you can click to stop that.  It does get tiring after awhile.  On my hotmail the editor comes up when I click on the bottom where I would click to save a draft.  Several different things come up on mine the first is draft then Editor. 

Yes some of us still do use regular hotmail.  I have had mine for so long and all my accounts are on that one.  I have a Gmail too but don't like the way it looks.  I know it's just a preference.  If this continues I'll have to go to Gmail.

@kismet 

Hmmm, I went to Compose and started an email to myself at my other email addy and I saw where you mean about Draft at the bottom left but nothing comes up about Editor. But, while typing the nonsensical email to myself that auto thing didn't come up for a change. Maybe it went away......I hope so.