Esteemed Contributor

@dooBdoo@glb613, I think he installed High Sierra by agreeing to an update.  I haven't seen his computer yet.

I will update High Sierra and, @dooBdoo, follow your course of action.  I am pretty sure there is no backup.  Then we will see what happens.  

Will  try the new browser.  Is Chrome the best one to use in addition to Safari?  

Thanks for the feedback.  LM

Honored Contributor

To clarify, a bit, my earlier post about having good luck so far with High Sierra......I bought my new Mac when High Sierra first came out.  It was too new to have been factory installed, but my techie guy installed it for me with no problems.  I've been using it since, again with no problems.  I will add that I've done any and all the updates that have later been supplied.  Maybe that's added to my good luck with High Sierra.

Honored Contributor

Lilysmom wrote:

@dooBdoo@glb613, I think he installed High Sierra by agreeing to an update.  I haven't seen his computer yet.

I will update High Sierra and, @dooBdoo, follow your course of action.  I am pretty sure there is no backup.  Then we will see what happens.  

Will  try the new browser.  Is Chrome the best one to use in addition to Safari?  

Thanks for the feedback.  LM

He might have installed the initial version and not those that followed, I suppose.    You'll be able to see if any updates are available, looking at the App Store under Updates.   Re: browsers, I prefer Chrome and Firefox on my Mac.   I think Safari is sluggish.   You're welcome!   Best of luck to y'all!😊

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Esteemed Contributor

@dooBdoo et al, thanks a bunch💕!!!  Maybe I'll get lucky with the updates.  Will let you know how it unfolds.  LM

Honored Contributor

I've had zero issues with High Sierra and I installed it the first day.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Esteemed Contributor

No problems here with High Sierra, on iMac or MacBook Air.  

We use gmail accounts; they work fine.  I've installed the latest security patch and version 10.13.2.

Cogito ergo sum
Esteemed Contributor

@Sweetbay magnolia@jaxs mom, thanks for the info.  I am hoping I can help my friend.  He is a senior and has little patience for some of these computer issues.  I appreciate all your feedback.  LM

Esteemed Contributor

@Sweetbay magnolia@jaxs mom@dooBdoo@Krimpette@glb613, back from my friend's house.  Everything working again, all emails, Skype etc.  Updates done, caches cleared.  This was an easy one thankfully!  I appreciate your advice, everyone!  LM