Super Contributor

HELP! Wireless Connection For Wi-Fi Has Disappeared?

Hi Everyone,

Not sure what's happening, but for whatever reason when I went to use my iTouch to check our e-mails much earlier, today, it showed NO Wi-Fi connectivity whatsoever, checked the general settings on my iTouch and sure enough, our *neighbor's* wi-fi with the same ISP showed up (it always does) but ours is TOTALLY GONE ~ I first tried disconnecting the power on our ISP 2 Wire Modem (we're with Windstream) for 20-30 seconds and reconnecting, to see if that helped, to no avail ~ then I called our ISP Technical Customer Service and they tried to trouble shoot with me over the phone, no matter what they had me do it STILL is not showing up on our laptop (which has Vista if that helps) OR the iTouch~ at first one of the CS reps tried to say it was a DELL problem (that's our laptop), but HOW can it be BOTH bad then, on our DELL laptop, AND on the Apple iTouch?! Two different companies/products?? {#emotions_dlg.confused1} I've tried all manner of things that I can think of and nothing works. Windstream is supposed to arrange for a technician to come out, but with it being so close to New Year's Eve/New Year's Day, can't see it happening till way next week~ ugh!! If anyone has experience with this and has any ideas please post here ~ I'm going to miss using our iTouch totally bumming lol!!

We do have an internet connection and the desktop still works (knock on wood!), so this has me baffled. All the lights on the modem for our ISP (which also doubles as our Wi-Fi router, it's called "2 Wire"), are ON except for the Wireless of course. We've only had this modem for about 8 months so if it's gone bad that totally bites! LOL!

We did try to utulize the "re-set" button on the back of the modem as well, to totally re-set it of course, and that did nothing as well. Thanks so much y'all for any info/help!! Wink

===========

ETA: Forgot to add, when I go to "check" for the Wi Fi / Network connection on the laptop, we get these messages after using the trouble shooter:

"a network cable is not properly plugged in or may be broken" and "wireless capability is turned off"