Super Contributor

Hi. Calling screen frozen for lack of a   better term. It turns on and off, but just has half of a white screen, and a maze of scrolling on other side. It is my husband's and I have an IPad so not familiar with his laptop. I googled problem and tried most of the 'tricks' with holding in certain buttons to fix . I can't access anything on computer to open or close. The keyboard was full of crumbs , which I cleaned out. Plus I don't think he closes anything or deletes much, so computer may have a blockage lol. Will bring it in after Holiday for diagnosis. It is under 4 years old, not sure what life span is though. Appreciate any help anyone has, know it is busy time for all , but just in case anything I am missing. Thank you! Susi.

Honored Contributor

Sounds like a screen issue, best bet is to take it to Apple Care, the screen might have to be replaced

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor
You probably tried this, but turn it off, wait a minute or two then turn it back on?
~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

call Apple

Honored Contributor

Re: Frozen MacBook Air

[ Edited ]

@Susic 

I am having the same issues with my MacBookPro.  Constant screen sliding....this started happening after an update.

I'm calling Apple care for an appointment.  I'll post the verdict.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I honestly couldn't tell you.  However it should last longer than 4 years.  I have one that's almost 8 years old and it's still going strong...now I hope I didn't jinx myself! Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

Yes, tried a turning on and off to  reboot. Many times. I will probably just bring in to BestBuy for estimate after Christmas .  Never called Apple before, less stressful to bring it in for me. If too expensive, will just get another IPad, much simpler for him I think. Thank you all!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Susic   I had a horrible experience with Best Buy.  I was in graduate school writing a thesis and my computer wasn't working .  I had the BB squad "fix" it....I could have purchased another computer for what they charged and it didn't repair the computer.  

I now only buy Apple with the Apple Care and it has paid for itself over the years.  I'll be calling Apple with this screen situation and whatever resolution will be free.  I wouldn't recommend Best Buy, but if you use them you want to be sure to get a written estimate of cost on repairs.  Wishing you a happy resolution to your problem!

Honored Contributor

@Susic 

Best Buy know diddley about Apple proucts they need to be brought to and authorized Apple Care place

@Susic wrote:

Yes, tried a turning on and off to  reboot. Many times. I will probably just bring in to BestBuy for estimate after Christmas .  Never called Apple before, less stressful to bring it in for me. If too expensive, will just get another IPad, much simpler for him I think. Thank you all!

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Super Contributor

I would get estimate before doing any repair anywhere. I don't know what Apple would charge, will see if any place nearby. Nearest Apple store an hour away... maybe local authorized repair.