Honored Contributor

Re: For those who installed IOS9.......there is a bug fix ready for download...IOS9.0.1

@SANNA wrote:

I downloaded 9.01 yesterday. It took almost 30 min for some reason  to install. I ve been dropped still more often then before. And I got 2 icons that I haven't have before: find my iPhone, which is ok and find friends that I do not need. And I cannot delet it!!!

I do not know, maybe I am just too stiff when it comes to new changes. 

@SANNA, when you say "dropped" do you mean the WIFI connection?  There are several things you can do to remedy that.  (Example:  reset network settings.)  If you mean apps are crashing, try closing all apps that are running in background and reboot the device, for starters.

The apps you can't remove are native to the device.  You can hide them in different ways -- maybe move them all to the last screen or create a folder just for all the apps you don't use and place them there, as an example.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Respected Contributor

Re: For those who installed IOS9.......there is a bug fix ready for download...IOS9.0.1

thanks, my apps were crashing even though all the previous apps were closed, I do that periodically. It is just strange update I think. 

But thanks anyways for your suggestion.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SANNA wrote:

thanks, my apps were crashing even though all the previous apps were closed, I do that periodically. It is just strange update I think. 

But thanks anyways for your suggestion.

You're welcome, @SANNA!  Don't accept the crashing, though, as being unfixable.  There should be a way to improve things.  Is it an older device?  (I use an iPhone 5 and iPad 3, no apps crashing.)  The fact that your installation was much longer than others makes me think there's a device problem.  Be sure you have the latest version of each app, plenty of memory, and try a reboot or a hard reset.  Sometimes just syncing the device with your backup system (computer or iCloud) will help because it frees up some of the memory.  

If specific apps crash a lot, I'd take a look at the reviews in the App Store to see if anyone else is having trouble with that app -- and deleting it and re-downloading might help, too.

(I actually clear everything on my device now and then and do a complete restore from a backup, but I only advise that to those who are certain they have a good backup and feel comfortable doing it.  A reset/erase and restore can take care of all sorts of weird glitches)

Best of luck!  I know it's frustrating.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Respected Contributor

Thanks, it is gotten better all of a sudden. I use iPad mini 2 years old, the first one with Retina display and iPhone 5S. So far no problem, maybe " blood moon " effect. Lol! 

Contributor

Sanna, I recall one of my friends complaining about the same things after updating to iOS 9. The device with the issues was also an older iPad mini, which worked great prior to the update.

After a few days, we figured out that the update automatically created an iCloud account, downloaded and turned on the find my iPad and find my friends apps. After disabling/deleting the iCloud account and removing the tracking apps, the device works better than ever.

Go to Settings and verify that everything is set up the way you want (privacy, backups, etc.). He noticed that a lot of features that were turned off, prior to the update, were turned on after the update.

Best of Luck to you.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Q _ Shopper wrote:
Sanna, I recall one of my friends complaining about the same things after updating to iOS 9. The device with the issues was also an older iPad mini, which worked great prior to the update.

After a few days, we figured out that the update automatically created an iCloud account, downloaded and turned on the find my iPad and find my friends apps. After disabling/deleting the iCloud account and removing the tracking apps, the device works better than ever.

Go to Settings and verify that everything is set up the way you want (privacy, backups, etc.). He noticed that a lot of features that were turned off, prior to the update, were turned on after the update.

Best of Luck to you.

@Q_Shopper, The things you mention require some interaction by the user before they can be activated, so possibly the person installed and  set them up without realizing it.  The two native tracking apps mentioned in this thread do require "Location Services" to be turned on before they can be activated, too.  (And they can't be removed.)   But your point is well-taken...  it's a good idea to regularly review all the screens and settings to see if there are active apps we don't want or need.  

And I'm glad to see your post because every iOS update seems to turn Bluetooth on -- which drains the battery -- and not everyone needs or uses Bluetooth.

Honored Contributor

My iPad is still dropping apps like crazy.  I'm constantly getting this, "a problem occurred with this webpage so it was reload".  I'd never seen that msg before the download.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

My iPad is still dropping apps like crazy.  I'm constantly getting this, "a problem occurred with this webpage so it was reload".  I'd never seen that msg before the download.

I'm sorry you're having problems, @Kachina624.  The webpage reload message might indicate you don't have much free memory remaining on the device.  That message has appeared with previous versions, too.   Have you tried all the troubleshooting steps mentioned on this thread? 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@dooBdoo, I recently deleted a ton of duplicate photos and unused apps.  My iPAd2 is 3 1/2 years old.  Could it be worn out?  It charges okay but is so slow and does quirky things.  Amazon is releasing a new 32GB (expandable) 10" Kindle tomorrow and I'm thinking about getting one.  I have a little 7" Kindle Fire I've been using.  I can't get used to the keyboard but otherwise it's okay.  Hate to lose all the apps and music I have on my iPad.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

@dooBdoo, I recently deleted a ton of duplicate photos and unused apps.  My iPAd2 is 3 1/2 years old.  Could it be worn out?  It charges okay but is so slow and does quirky things.  Amazon is releasing a new 32GB (expandable) 10" Kindle tomorrow and I'm thinking about getting one.  I have a little 7" Kindle Fire I've been using.  I can't get used to the keyboard but otherwise it's okay.  Hate to lose all the apps and music I have on my iPad.

@Kachina624, It's hard to say how long any device will continue to function optimally.  I still use an iPad 3 that I bought in 7/2012, and it's working beautifully.   Really no problems or complaints yet.  And I use it daily for hours and hours -- in fact, I use it instead of a laptop or notebook, since I have my Mac for the things the iPad doesn't do.  One thing that might help would be to do a full backup of everything on the iPad and then do a complete erase and reset, then a full restore from the backup.  I do this occasionally because it can clear up all sorts of problems, frees up some memory, and boost the efficiency.  Certainly would be worth trying before you retire the device.

If you do decide to switch to a new Kindle, you're right that you can't use the Apple apps but I believe you can move the music from iTunes -- I know very little about Kindles, so perhaps someone else here can advise you about that.   

hth!Smiley