Trusted Contributor

I don't want to put in my Amazon acct password because I do not want others knowing pw:  don't want anyone getting into my Amazon acct to see what goodies I've bought them for Christmas.

Do I have to use my acct password?

Cat Very HappyHeartCat Very Happy

FURBABIES ARE THE BREATH OF LIFE
Valued Contributor

I entered my Amazon password when I first set my firestick up but not since then. That was over a year ago.

Honored Contributor

You should have two-step verification on your Amazon account already.  If you don't set it up and then you won't have to worry about your password being compromised.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

I'm trying to connect how entering your Amazon password into Firestick set up would allow anyone to see your purchase history.  So far, haven't figured out how that could happen.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@skittles2 wrote:

I don't want to put in my Amazon acct password because I do not want others knowing pw:  don't want anyone getting into my Amazon acct to see what goodies I've bought them for Christmas.

Do I have to use my acct password?

Cat Very HappyHeartCat Very Happy

@skittles2

Do you mean that family members will also be using the Fire TV Stick & you’re afraid they will see your password and use it to see what you bought them for Christmas? 

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I'm trying to connect how entering your Amazon password into Firestick set up would allow anyone to see your purchase history.  So far, haven't figured out how that could happen.

There is an Amazon shopping app that can be downloaded onto a Firestick that were you to use it and not sign out might, emphasis on might, let someone look at your order history, but that could be prevented by simply signing out when you're done using that app. There's no other way that I'm aware of that using your password could allow anyone to see what you'd purchased.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!