Honored Contributor

Does anyone have this from Cablevision/Optimum?

Is it one of those voice activated things/remotes and if it is, is there a way to turn that off?

We are thinking about switching from Fios but not if it can't be turned off.

Honored Contributor

@CelticCrafter, I can't help you with this, my sister who had Verizon Fios and liked it just switched on Saturday to Optimum. She said she got a crazy good offer, too good to pass up. I don't know how she is doing with it ( my niece, her daughter has Optimum and likes it).

Honored Contributor

Re: Altice from Optimum

[ Edited ]

@CelticCrafter.  I think it's everything all in one. No separate remotes etc. my dentist was explaining it to me. He had to go on a waiting list to get it.

I think you say to it your show and it finds it for you, whether regular tv, Netflix, prime or whatever. No more a bunch of remotes.

So not sure if you can turn the voice thing off. No more cable boxes,modems,etc

Honored Contributor

We had Optimum before we switched over to Fios, never had a problem with them and the only reason we made the switch when it came available in the neighborhood is because the deal was too good to pass up.

The contract is up in January and it's gotten expensive.  There is nothing we can cut or go down to a lesser package because we don't want to give up the channels we do watch.

Not that we are paranoid or sitting here plotting I just don't like all these things that listen or can potentially watch.  We have the microphones turned off on our computers and tablets and the cameras are turned off and taped over.