Respected Contributor

Trying to set up 2nd stick to a downstairs tv.  It will not accept my WiFi password, which I checked and it is correct.  All cords are properly installed.  Upstairs tv no problem.

Anyone have any idea what the problem can be?

Honored Contributor

Are there capital/lower case letters in your password that you may be entering incorrectly?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Are there capital/lower case letters in your password that you may be entering incorrectly?

Good thinking also be careful if there is a zero or a letter o

zero is 0 and the letter is o. They’re different and sometimes aren’t entered correctly just as an oversight. 

Esteemed Contributor

Call Amazon Help and they will walk you through it.

Respected Contributor

You may have to call Amazon customer service for help...I had issues with it accepting VPN on my network. The firestick wanted to bypass my network security and I declined to use it..went with the Chromecast instead. Hope it helps!

Honored Contributor

@gizmogal wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

Good thinking also be careful if there is a zero or a letter o

zero is 0 and the letter is o. They’re different and sometimes aren’t entered correctly just as an oversight. 

Capital i, lower case L and the number 1 can also cause trouble (I, l, 1). As you can see, they're very similar looking.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor

Still having problems.  I did online chat and they actually registered the 2nd stick manually but it still will not accept my password and YES i used proper upper and lower case....

Does anyone have a help # to call Amazon? I think I just need someone to walk me through.... what a pain.  I just don't get it because the 1st stick set up in a pinch on my older simpler TV!!!

Honored Contributor

@bargainsgirl"Does anyone have a help # to call Amazon?"

It's on their website.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Esteemed Contributor

Maybe try unplugging and plugging the WIFI router.....

Regular Contributor

A while back, if I recall correctly, a neighbor wasn't able to connect to her wifi. She had the lowest Xfinity internet plan (speed, 25mbps?). She had too many connected devices and I THINK I unconnected some of her devices (iPad, printer, cell phone) or deauthorized a device...

This was a while ago but I think it was discovered that with her plan she was only allowed 5 connected devices? 

What message are you getting when you try to connect to your wifi? 

Check with your internet provider to see if there is such a limit.