Respected Contributor

Just heard the Dell rep. mentioning Michael Dell and how the company started.  Great sales pitch, but totally divorced from reality.

I submit that Michael Dell is about as far away from today's Dell Computers as Henry Ford, the elder, is from today's Ford Motor Company.

Honored Contributor

@Cats3000 wrote:

Just heard the Dell rep. mentioning Michael Dell and how the company started.  Great sales pitch, but totally divorced from reality.

I submit that Michael Dell is about as far away from today's Dell Computers as Henry Ford, the elder, is from today's Ford Motor Company.

@Cats3000 

And it shows.  

Respected Contributor

What is the processor in the TSV? I can't find the info. 

-Do Not Copy Pls-
Esteemed Contributor

@cbrite wrote:

@cbrite- 2.3GHz Intel Pentium Gold 5405U dual-core processor with 2MB SmartCache

Respected Contributor

@qbetzforreal 

I don't know that one...but have not used Windows since 10... is that similiar to i3, i5 or i7 ? 

TIA

-Do Not Copy Pls-
Esteemed Contributor

@cbrite wrote:

@qbetzforreal 

I don't know that one...but have not used Windows since 10... is that similiar to i3, i5 or i7 ? 

TIA

It is an i3. A budget processor.

Esteemed Contributor

I would never ever order any device from a shopping channel. There have been problems with deliveries and they sell older models with a ton of bloatware. They kept saying this is a flagship computer. Nope this is as entry level as you can get. Dell use to be a good company when Michael Dell owned it but, now forget it, I would not take any Dell device on a bet or if they gave it to me for free. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Foxxee wrote:

@Cats3000 wrote:

@Cats3000 

And it shows.  

I agree! What happened to this company once the Indians took it over is a disgrace. That is what happens when a big company like Dell goes global. 

Respected Contributor

Re: DELL COMPUTERS

[ Edited ]

I bought my Dell laptop from QVC going on 10 years ago.  I've replaced the battery and power cord but other than that no problems.  HOWEVER after a terrible experience with an HP laptop for my grandson I would never buy another computer from QVC as their warranty is 30 days - period.  To HP's credit they did end up replacing the computer after fixing it twice.   I would definitely buy another Dell.  In fact I did replace the HP with a Dell purchased directly from Dell.    And my husband is using his second Dell desktop - purchased from Walmart.  It's a great brand.  

Honored Contributor

Re: DELL COMPUTERS

[ Edited ]

@qbetzforreal wrote:

@cbrite wrote:

@cbrite- 2.3GHz Intel Pentium Gold 5405U dual-core processor with 2MB SmartCache

Wow, I would have thought for the price of the TSV it would be a quad-core. Why would anyone buy a dual-core these days??...especially in a Windows product.