Valued Contributor

I got the latest Firefox update 2 days ago and it took the color out of my taskbar, my action page and my menu bar on top of the page. I finally got the taskbar on the bottom and the action page the color I want but can't get the menu bar color back.  Can anyone help on this?  Anyway right now the top coloring is too bright and hard to work on the computer.  I chose not to go to the themes and just use what I've always used. 

Respected Contributor

@kismet wrote:

I got the latest Firefox update 2 days ago and it took the color out of my taskbar, my action page and my menu bar on top of the page. I finally got the taskbar on the bottom and the action page the color I want but can't get the menu bar color back.  Can anyone help on this?  Anyway right now the top coloring is too bright and hard to work on the computer.  I chose not to go to the themes and just use what I've always used. 

Click on Fiefox then preferences and see if you have the choices you want.  It does look different but, I don't see anyway to change it. 

Trusted Contributor

I believe you can change it in Windows settings.

How to change taskbar color, while keeping Start and Action Center dark
  1. Open Settings.
  2. Click on Personalization.
  3. Click on Colors.
  4. Pick an accent color, which will be the color you want to use in the taskbar.
  5. Turn on the Show color on Start, taskbar, and action center toggle switch.

There are other settings in there too, you can uncheck "Automatically pick an accent color from my background' option" too so it doesn't change on its own.
Valued Contributor

gabstoomuch,  I did go into the colors and that's how I got some of the color back.  I know the top bar should of gone to color too but it didn't.   Seems like every time there is an update it changes something and is a problem.  I could take it back to the previous update but then I'll be dealing with the same problem when it downloads again.  Hoping it will fix itself.

Valued Contributor

glb613,  I think I covered everything about color for Firefox.  I tried to find something in a search online since maybe someone else had the same problem.  This is the 3rd update over the past few months that changed things.  So my daughter said get a Mac and I wouldn't have such problems.  Maybe next time.

Super Contributor

Re: Firefox Update Colors

[ Edited ]

@kismet 

If you go into your settings, look to the bottom of the left side. You should see "Extensions and Themes". Click on that.

Then on the left side, you should see Themes. Click on that.

You can choose one that suits you, and click on the little "Enable" button in that theme example.

I had that happen to me and I couldn't see anything! Had to change it back.

Let me know if you can't find what I explained...

Respected Contributor

@kismet wrote:

glb613,  I think I covered everything about color for Firefox.  I tried to find something in a search online since maybe someone else had the same problem.  This is the 3rd update over the past few months that changed things.  So my daughter said get a Mac and I wouldn't have such problems.  Maybe next time.

I have a Mac, use Firefox and had the same problems you describe.  This isn't a Windows vs Mac type of problem.  This is a problem with Firefox.  I guess if you don't like it, use a different browser. 

Valued Contributor

glb613,  I was on the Firefox forums and seems a lot of people don't like the new update and what it's done.  Hoping that they will change something back to the way the colors were.  I like Firefox because I have everything set up like a neat desk and find things easily.  I had no problem with the way it was and it worked great for me. 

Respected Contributor

@kismet wrote:

glb613,  I was on the Firefox forums and seems a lot of people don't like the new update and what it's done.  Hoping that they will change something back to the way the colors were.  I like Firefox because I have everything set up like a neat desk and find things easily.  I had no problem with the way it was and it worked great for me. 

Apple does the same thing.  Once I did an update for my iPad right before a trip.  NEVER AGAIN!  The changes were so significant, I had problems using it. 

Valued Contributor

glb613,  I did manage to make the text larger across the top of my computer so the white doesn't stand out so much.  Here's hoping Firefox fixes some of the problem in the future.  I don't like change when it works for me as is.