Honored Contributor

I noticed they are cheap and get good reviews. I am not sure if I read correctly. One can't just get on wifi and search the net/view you tube. (not the one that costs)

Contributor

Fire tablet has a web browser (named "Silk").  As long as you have a wifi connection, you can access the web to search for information, view you videos, etc.  

Trusted Contributor

We have an Amazon Fire 8 that my MIL sent to us, along with a docking station for it.

She took advantage of the special that the Q had for it when they were two for $99. She kept one for herself, and sent the other one to us. Heart

My husband had checked it out a little bit, and had talked to Alexa with it. He set it up for us, and said that it really wasn't that difficult to do it. 

As for me using it, I just haven't had the time to look at it and do anything with it yet, but it is set up for us to use here. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@wherever wrote:

Fire tablet has a web browser (named "Silk").  As long as you have a wifi connection, you can access the web to search for information, view you videos, etc.  

I don't need an app for it, it's already on the tablet? thanks

Honored Contributor

Takes less than 10 minutes to set it up.  I'm on my kindle now.  I do all my internet stuff on it.

Esteemed Contributor

Back in the day I had the fire 7 and 8 inch devices. You need the prime to get the full benefits of using these tablets. I did not like them because of the endless ads. I have wifi though comcast and never had a issue with the Internet .. I did everything with those tablets that I did with my other tablets.

Respected Contributor

I am on my Fire right now. It is my second one. It does everything I want.

I can use internet (with a Wi-Fi connection).  Email. YouTube and Netflix.  Games and ebooks. I can't use Microsoft products. You can get an optional separate keyboard. 

Silk comes pre-installed. There is a place to purchase apps, books, games, many of which are free.

I recommend.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Honored Contributor

Re: Fire tablet ?

[ Edited ]

Thanks. I was just wanting to use it to go on the net. Is it slow ?

Does (silk) it come with the tablet with no app needed (fee)?

Honored Contributor

Re: Fire tablet ?

[ Edited ]

I own the small 7" Fire tablet w/Alexis and I think it's extremely slow. The battery runs down so fast, too. I even side-loaded google play onto it and it's still slow as heck. I don't even use it anymore....just sits there.

Esteemed Contributor

@apple1964 wrote:

Back in the day I had the fire 7 and 8 inch devices. You need the prime to get the full benefits of using these tablets. I did not like them because of the endless ads. I have wifi though comcast and never had a issue with the Internet .. I did everything with those tablets that I did with my other tablets.

I have a Fire 10, and prime.  It gives you 2 day shipping, and some great movies,etc. You can buy a tablet and not pay for Prime. 

The ads on an Kindle or Fire helps lower the price. I do not find ads to be a problem.