Respected Contributor

Finally found LG Fiesta solution to answer phone calls without swiping up

[ Edited ]

Go into the Settings App
Accessibility
Motor and Cognition
Turn ON  Touch and Hold for calls. Go back out to main screen.
Then you can answer or decline without swiping. Just hold your finger down instead. Wonderful to answer now.
Just HOLD your finger on incoming call screen and it answers.

Works every time. My 1 year card runs out next week on my phone so I have been looking to upgrade my Tracfone. The ones I like are bigger but not as wide. I love the LG Fiesta except it is hard to answer phone calls because you have to swipe up.

I was looking for an answer for months online and finally found one. Use this for ignoring calls also.

Now I am going to get a 1 year card and keep my Tracfone. I love the LG Fiesta so I am happy.

I hope this helps someone else so they can enjoy their LG Fiesta Tracfone also.

Frequent Contributor

Re: Finally found LG Fiesta tsolution to answer calls without swiping up

Thanks for that tip. So much easier than swiping. I am not a big phone user, so anything that makes it easier to use I’m all for.

Super Contributor

DH and I both have the Fiesta Tracfone. Funny you post about this issue.

We just figured that problem out a couple of months ago. Much better now and we plan to keep our phones for awhile longer too.

Still Tabbycat ~~ Less is More ~~
Respected Contributor

I upgraded from the Fiesta last year because I needed more memory.

Super Contributor

Thank you so much!!!

I've used and loved a LG Fiesta going on my 3rd year.  This year, for the first time, I didn't get a new phone - just added a year card - zero stress waiting for # and min/data/texts to transfer to new phone.

But your thread caught my eye (thankfully!) and I just changed my phone to 'touch and hold'. Yay!!! Was never thrilled with the swipe...so thanks again!!!

Respected Contributor

So glad I was able to help. If I ever get a new Tracfone I will see how it answers calls first before I buy it.

My sister in law was so happy when I told her about this as she always had to call people back as she couldn’t get the Fiesta to answer in time.

This forum has been helpful to many of us. We all try and help and no question is stupid to ask.  It is frustrating not being able to have a simple way as getting your cell phone answered. 

Thanks to everyone that helps when one of us have a question.

Valued Contributor

Re: Finally found LG Fiesta solution to answer phone calls without swiping up

[ Edited ]

@MKR14 wrote:

Go into the Settings App
Accessibility
Motor and Cognition
Turn ON  Touch and Hold for calls. Go back out to main screen.
Then you can answer or decline without swiping. Just hold your finger down instead. Wonderful to answer now.
Just HOLD your finger on incoming call screen and it answers.

Works every time. My 1 year card runs out next week on my phone so I have been looking to upgrade my Tracfone. The ones I like are bigger but not as wide. I love the LG Fiesta except it is hard to answer phone calls because you have to swipe up.

I was looking for an answer for months online and finally found one. Use this for ignoring calls also.

Now I am going to get a 1 year card and keep my Tracfone. I love the LG Fiesta so I am happy.

I hope this helps someone else so they can enjoy their LG Fiesta Tracfone also.

@MKR14 Just a tip for you, if you buy data or texts at $5 or $10 or buy extra minutes, it usually gives the option to do an add on of a year of service for only $49 instead of paying $99 for a year of service.

Respected Contributor

@In-x-s Thanks for the tip. I just renewed mine online at the $125.00 1500 minute plan but found a $15.00 promo code online. That saved me some money. I always look for a promo code. It was so quick and easy. The stores in my area were all out of Tracfone cards.

Now I am set until 2020. 

I will keep your hint in mind when I renew again. 

I am glad I kept my LG. Fiesta as it has been a hassle free phone now I can just hold my finger down to answer and not get frustrated trying to swipe up to answer.

Valued Contributor

@MKR14 wrote:

@In-x-s Thanks for the tip. I just renewed mine online at the $125.00 1500 minute plan but found a $15.00 promo code online. That saved me some money. I always look for a promo code. It was so quick and easy. The stores in my area were all out of Tracfone cards.

Now I am set until 2020. 

I will keep your hint in mind when I renew again. 

I am glad I kept my LG. Fiesta as it has been a hassle free phone now I can just hold my finger down to answer and not get frustrated trying to swipe up to answer.

@MKR14sorry I didn't get this posted until after you purchased. Hopefully it will help someone else.  I'm going to try your tip on DH's Samsung phone as he has such a hard time with the swipe to answer.

Super Contributor

very nice tips.thanks for sharing.