Esteemed Contributor

At night I literally fall asleep playing a game on Facebook.  I have found a new game accidentally and started to play it (on my cell phone.)  It is a word game called word crossy. I started to notice opponents playing against me with little facial icons.  Just two people, both friends of mine (on Facebook and in real life).  They always seem to get ahead of me.  By accident I met up with one of them and started teasing her about her job and taking time to beat me every time I played.  She looked at me like I was crazy and said the last thing she  would do would be to play a crossword puzzle.  Not her thing.  I showed her the picture of herself and she was astonished.  I NEVER INVITED HER TO PLAY and all I wanted to do was put myself to sleep.  Works for me. 

My question.  Does anyone have an explanation for why she showed up in my game? She denies ever doing it.  I never invited her.  Two more people I am about to approach tonight.  Kind of scary I think.  

Esteemed Contributor

@bonnielu wrote:

At night I literally fall asleep playing a game on Facebook.  I have found a new game accidentally and started to play it (on my cell phone.)  It is a word game called word crossy. I started to notice opponents playing against me with little facial icons.  Just two people, both friends of mine (on Facebook and in real life).  They always seem to get ahead of me.  By accident I met up with one of them and started teasing her about her job and taking time to beat me every time I played.  She looked at me like I was crazy and said the last thing she  would do would be to play a crossword puzzle.  Not her thing.  I showed her the picture of herself and she was astonished.  I NEVER INVITED HER TO PLAY and all I wanted to do was put myself to sleep.  Works for me. 

My question.  Does anyone have an explanation for why she showed up in my game? She denies ever doing it.  I never invited her.  Two more people I am about to approach tonight.  Kind of scary I think.  

When you play any game on Facebook, you allow the game access to your friend list.  Icons of your friends will pop up during some games. 

Esteemed Contributor

Strange... situation sincwe only two of  my friends popped up.  They never play games and they had no clue what I was talking about until I showed them their picture.  I cannot figure out what caused just them and not others.  I only want to play a few minutes. I get relaxed and feel myself nodding off to sleep.