Super Contributor

EXCELLENT TRACFONE CUSTOMER SERVICE

I posted this in the TSV formum a few days ago, but I think it bears repeating here:

I've been using Tracfone for over 10 years with no problems. I've never had to contact customer service in all that time. A couple of months ago I gave a Premier to a friend who is 82 with failing memory and I'm concerned for his safety. He lost the phone last week.

This first thing I did was call QVC C/S. I was advised not to turn off the phone, order a new one and then transfer his number and minutes to the new phone. Meanwhile another friend of his turned off his old phone. I thought his number and minutes were lost forever.

But when the new phone came, I called Tracfone C/S for help. I had all of John's personal info like his pin# etc, so they were able to help me on his behalf. Sure, we had a bit of a language problem, but with patience on both sides, we were able to work around that. After a half an hour, the Tracfone representative was not only able to retrieve John's phone number and minutes from his old phone, she gave him an extra 500 free minutes just because she was a thoughtful human being.

I can't say enough good things about Tracfone and the great products/services they offer...

Respected Contributor

Re: EXCELLENT TRACFONE CUSTOMER SERVICE

I have also had great CS from them.

Honored Contributor

I've always had excellent customer service from tracfone.  I recently bought a new phone and I screwed up setting it up.  I've activated at least eight phones between my mother and i, so it's nothing new.  I was on the phone for less than ten minutes.  The man could see the issue, fixed it and activated the phone.

Respected Contributor

Perhaps they are trying harder to offer great CS because of all the bad reviews they received in the past.  I hope that's the case.

Trusted Contributor

I hope I have the same experience with them when I call. I bought the tsv before the last one, just finished paying it off, & it's unusueable now!! When I try to use it, a notification comes on & tells me that it's "overheated", & I can only use a fe functions, but after typing a few words in a text, it shuts off! I have to call them tomorrow, but I'm concerned that they won't do anything for me! And I barely used it!! Bought it as a secondary phone.

New Contributor

[ Edited ]

I too have had good experiences with TracFone customer service.. up until now.  My wife recently purched the TracFone/Galaxy package offered by QVC and shortly after activation we had TracFone change the phone number to the one she had been using with her previous contract phone.  No problem with the number change but once the phone was back up and running we discovered that ALL of the 1500 minutes, 1500 texts, 1500mb data AND the 1 year of service had been deleted from the phone's account.  HOURS of phone calls and on-line chats with Tracfone Customer Service were virtually fruitless; they did restore the 1500 minutes but NONE of the texts or data and a mere fraction of the service days (60).

I am still pursuing restoration of the deleted package value through written letters with TracFone (Executive Resolution dept.) but I honestly have little hope of a positive outcome.  I own two other TracFones and will most certainly be shopping around for another supplier of cell service.

New Contributor

Re: EXCELLENT TRACFONE CUSTOMER SERVICE --- FOLLOW UP

After MUCH wasted time on the phone and on chats (we're talking HOURS!) I was finally able to get TracFone to restore the service plan that my Galaxy J7 SkyPro came with from QVC.

Success came quite by accident.  I was reviewing the TracFone "Terms and Conditions" to see if they had included some sort of loophole which would have allowed them to delete the service plan sold with the phone.  Nothing jumped out as I read through the document but when I stumbled across a section about "Binding Arbitration", I was quite interested.  I copied and saved that section and proceeded to exit the site.  On the way out I was presented with a chance to rate my experience, so I did.

When asked why I was visiting the page, I replied that I was researching the process and proceedure of "Binding Arbitration" since I was considering pursuing that path towards resolving a problem with TracFone.  I included a brief synopsis of the issue and ended up by rating my whole experience with TracFone somewhat less than acceptable.  Within two days I received an email from TracFone acknowledging my "less than satisfactory" experience and offering a customer service phone number along with a PIN to use as identification.  Long story short, I called the number and within 15 minutes ALL of my missing texts, data and service days had been restored... without ANY hesitation on TracFone's part whatsoever.  No questions asked.

Based on my experience with this problem and what I have read on the internet about folks having problems with TracFone, this is typical of how TracFone deals with customer claims.  Stall, deny, mis-interpert, take advantage of language barriers... anything they can to get you to give up and simply buy another service plan.  When it becomes obvious (i.e., when you imply or actually threaten them) that you aren't going away, presto!  Problem is solved with a polite "Thank You!  Have a nice day!".