Honored Contributor

I'm watching the presentation for the TSV iPad.  The guy is talking about downloading an entire season of some show on the 128GB model.  My question is, where does one download these shows, or entire seasons to a tablet?  I have Android, but I would expect the process to be the same.  Is this from one of the streaming services like Sling or Hulu?  I knew you could record to the cloud, but can you download too?

Honored Contributor

I can't imagine why u would ever do this 

I think it's just to sell the larger storage 

Trusted Contributor

@Icegoddess Yes, if you subscribe to Hulu (no ads version) or Netflix you can download certain movies/TV shows.  If you own an Amazon tablet, you can download from Prime.

@jackthebear People like to download shows to watch offline.  Examples: on airplanes, long car trips, the internet or power is out.  As long as you're charged up on your device you can watch whatever you downloaded without an internet connection.

Esteemed Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

@jackthebear

Many people use a tablet like a computer. A 32GB iPad is small today. The device only has about 23 GB of usable storage. This goes fast taking pictures, storing music, files and movies.

LOL, I have a 32GB Android tablet,which is now 62%full.

I will have to recycle this device soon and move on to a 128GB tablet. 

Amazon and Best Buy had some nice sale prices on iPads during the holiday season. 

Each person has to decide what will work for them. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Downloading Video

[ Edited ]

@Icegoddess wrote:

I'm watching the presentation for the TSV iPad.  The guy is talking about downloading an entire season of some show on the 128GB model.  My question is, where does one download these shows, or entire seasons to a tablet?  I have Android, but I would expect the process to be the same.  Is this from one of the streaming services like Sling or Hulu?  I knew you could record to the cloud, but can you download too?

@Icegoddess

You should even be able to download to an SD card on your tablet. Samsung writes some of the best service guides. 

I subscribe to Hulu and CBS All Access, and only can stream. 

You have to pay for the premium service to download content. 

Honored Contributor

@Nuttmeg wrote:

@jackthebear wrote:

@jackthebear

Many people use a tablet like a computer. A 32GB iPad is small today. The device only has about 23 GB of usable storage. This goes fast taking pictures, storing music, files and movies.

Amazon and Best Buy had some nice sale prices on iPads during the holiday season. 

I know that

just saying can't imagine why anyone would that's all

I keep all my devices lean as I can 

Honored Contributor

@Nuttmeg wrote:

@jackthebear wrote:

@jackthebear

If you have a tablet that accepts a micro-SD card you can put your music, photos, videos and even some apps on the micro-SD card.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

So you can watch when offline.  Downloading data while on WIifi counts against your monthly allotment.  The last time I looked, Comcast starts charging extra when you reach 250GB.  Unless you have an unlimited cellular data plan, streaming will use up your cellular data very fast. 

Esteemed Contributor

@glb613 wrote:

@jackthebear wrote:

So you can watch when offline.  Downloading data while on WIifi counts against your monthly allotment.  The last time I looked, Comcast starts charging extra when you reach 250GB.  Unless you have an unlimited cellular data plan, streaming will use up your cellular data very fast. 

Some Comcast markets do have  a data cap per month of 250GB. Most East Coast markets have a soft cap of 1TB.

Respected Contributor

@Nuttmeg wrote:

@glb613 wrote:

@jackthebear wrote:

Some Comcast markets do have  a data cap per month of 250GB. Most East Coast markets have a soft cap of 1TB.

A good reason to check your plan.