Honored Contributor

Does anyone own a SkyScan atomic clock?

Here's another little item I picked up at auction.  It works fine, but I can't turn the pre-set alarm off.  According to the online manual, you just press the ALM button and the alarm goes on and off.  Its not working.  There is a symbol above the alarm ikon on the screen that has TX in a black box.  Nowhere in the manual is this shown but I have a feeling it has something to do with this problem.

Super Contributor

Re: Does anyone own a SkyScan atomic clock?

@depglass  I Googled "TX icon SkyScan" and was shown this highlighted statement:  TX means there is a low battery in the transmitter. 

https://skyscanatomicclocks.com/ 

Esteemed Contributor

For me - if an item is at an auction = there's a reason.  Sky Scan not familiar with but I had the automatic hour setting clock - set by Colorado.  It suddenly refused to re-set  (day light to standard time)  on it's own.  Two years later I regrettably put it in the trash bucket. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

My SkyScan clock is at least 10 or 12 years old and still working. However when something goes awry, like if the indoor or outdoor temp or other feature or two disappear or any other issue it means it's time to change the batteries in the clock and the other thingy that looks like a remote. Actually I guess it is a remote of sorts. Then I put the clock on the windowsill pointing to my best guess at where Colorado is and the remote back on the enclosed porch also pointing in the same direction. Usually within a couple of hours everything is showing on the clock and back to normal.

All that just to say..........try changing the batteries but it's important to change them in both the clock and remote at the same time.

Esteemed Contributor

Mine wasn't as fancy as your clock.  LOL   No remote - No temp feature - just tick tock.  Battery wasn't an issue - when time change - I tried to manually reset but....it would spring right back to the 'old' time.

Esteemed Contributor

@fthunt wrote:

Mine wasn't as fancy as your clock.  LOL   No remote - No temp feature - just tick tock.  Battery wasn't an issue - when time change - I tried to manually reset but....it would spring right back to the 'old' time.

@fthunt 

Oh, I thought all the SkyScan clocks had features other than just the time. Mine has time plus indoor & outdoor temps/date/moon phase. Hhmmm, maybe that remote thingy is what sends the outdoor temp to the clock which is on my kitchen wall.

My sister-in-law has one that shows weather icons too, a sun or a cloud or what looks likes rain.....whatever the type day it is.