Frequent Contributor

Any recommendations?  I want to send out my old photos to be scanned and have them put on a USB drive.  Looking for a company that has a good reputation for customer service.  Thx!

Honored Contributor

Walgreens

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

I used Legacy Box for archiving all my old photos, DVD's, Beta, etc. I was nervous at first, knowing that I was sending out originals that were important to me, but Legacy Box is very good. They send the box to you, based upon how many things and what format they are. It is handled well and fast. 

You get updates all along the way, from you sending it to them to what step they are on in the process, and following up when they return.

Recommend them highly.

Honored Contributor

@Elbelle wrote:

Any recommendations?  I want to send out my old photos to be scanned and have them put on a USB drive.  Looking for a company that has a good reputation for customer service.  Thx!

Doing it yourself is a pretty good option also. If you've got a digital camera or smartphone you can take a photo of your photos. If you've got an all-in-one printer or stand-alone scanner, you can scan them yourself. There's the very real risk of a photo or photos getting lost if you send them out. That's kind of a worst-case scenario. When they're gone, they're gone.

Whatever method you use to get them scanned, saving a copy in the cloud (Google, Amazon, Microsoft, Dropbox, etc.) is a good idea. A USB drive is nice, but USB drives can get lost, damaged, or have other issues. Cloud storage keeps them safe in a remote location and you can access them from nearly any device at any time from the cloud.

I've scanned all of our family photos using an all-in-one printer and it was time-consuming but pretty easy to do. I then used Adobe Photoshop Elements to retouch some of the more beat up photos. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!