Occasional Contributor

Does anyone know if there are any desktops at QVC (preferably Dell or HP) that still has Windows 7? There is no filter for OS in the search and customer svc has no idea. Thanks much!

Regular Contributor

Go to the Dell website (dell.com) and you can specify in a search that you want Windows 7. Also you can do a live chat with their reps, or talk on the phone if you prefer. Just recently bought a new Dell laptop with Windows 7 for a great price on the Dell website, all the features I wanted with none of the unnecessary add-ons that a Q offer has to up the price.

I bought my last Dell laptop via QVC, so I am not a snob about buying electronics on the Q. But there are no windows 7 dells being sold on the Q while Dell itself has quite a selection-- both laptops and compact desk top systems if that is what you prefer. ALSO, Dell has coupons and special offers that you can apply to your purchase, and they also offer interest-free payments for a purchase over a certain amount. (Their version of Easy Pay.)

My "old" Dell laptop is still running fine-- it is now about five years old and I've never had any trouble with it. But the new one was bought for the DH whose ancient XP-running Lenovo (IBM) was at death's door.

Respected Contributor

You can search the Best Buy site for just Windows 7 laptops, or any etailer you are interested in, for that matter, like walmart or any of the "Office" stores. I did that before Christmas and bought one that way.

Esteemed Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Thanks all for your responses. It really helps!

Frequent Contributor

I bought an HP desktop from Best Buy back in April.

There's always a lot to be thankful for if you take time to look for it.
For example, I am sitting here thinking how nice it is that wrinkles don't hurt.