Esteemed Contributor

50 Re: Consumer cellular

[ Edited ]

@goldensrbest wrote:

This is a dumb question ,but i want to know what data means,i am looking for  a phone from them,1 line,talk only, meaning of data please.Woman Embarassed

@goldensrbest

Wireless companies run their business in two ways. One, when your use more than your data allowance. you are charged $10-15 per GB for going over your allowance. 

I had a plan like this for 7 years With Verizon. The plan give me unlimited talk. text, and 2GB of data

Per month. I used the phone for all my long distance calls,  texts, and checking emails away from home. I streamed music on my phone without a problem.

I updated all apps and security patches with

Wi-Fi  you can not watch movies with a 2 GB data plan.

There is a different method Verizon uses with the new unlimited plans. I pay for 50GB of data per month.

If I exceed my allocation, the company will slow down my data speed. I am able to play music, update my apps, and maybe watch a movie.

I pay $10 more a month on this new plan, and I don't have to keep my eye on the meter.

Please read all the fine print on the site of the wireless company. 

JMO, every new smartphone needs a data plan. 

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest We have Consumer Cellular with no data....our phone function as a phone only, no hook up to wifi.

Esteemed Contributor

@goldensrbest

I found some interesting threads on Reddit. I did a Google search with the words

Consumer Cellular Reddit. I found a list of pros and cons about this company.

Most wireless and cable organizations have a forum or sub- forum on Reddit. 

Honored Contributor

@meem120 wrote:

We have Consumer Cellular and love it.  Very happy with the service and low bill! They are very easy to work with also.

What phone do you have,and plan,if you don't mind me asking?

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

I can live without texting, but need a phone and  and always able to use for talk, tired of running out of minutes for talk on my tracfone,and so many texting minutes ,just adding up ,that do not get used, want 1 line ,unlimted talk, low monthly bill.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Esteemed Contributor

@goldensrbest,  call tracfone customer service and ask about an unlimited talk only plan.  My understanding is that tracfone itself does not offer such a plan but one is available through their sister company Straight Talk.

Straight Talk uses the same networks tracfone uses and operates pretty much the same way they just have different plans.

Tracfone customer service can process the change so it should be seamless.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.