Contributor

I'm in the same boat. Ordered pre-sale on 9/29 -showed In Stock..order status bouncing from Advance Order to Backorder to In Process for a week.  Hold put on credit card, great I thought - it's shipping...nope, charged disappeared from account today. Customer Service is powerless to do anything, saying its shipping from HP. Estimated delivery date of 10/19 and as of today still no movment. Tomorrow is 2 weeks since ordering "in stock". Gotta admit the deal is good IF the laptop isn't junk, but we may never know. If HP cant' fulfill orders then they shouldn't be selling on QVC. Will give it a few more days then will have to cancel order as I need a laptop for school. 

Esteemed Contributor

I would never order any computer device from a shopping channel for many reasons. Good luck to you O/P. 

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC offensive and rude

Valued Contributor

Consider this as a sign!  I did receive one and have not opened it.  It will be returned in perfect condition.  Waitied until end of day to purchase as the HP I have now I actually am a member of HP Smart friends as it is slow as a turtle, and it appears from reviews I have made the same error twice.  All I want from Santa is a Brain. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Fireman14 wrote:

We did a pre order on a 15 inch HP touch screen computer on October 3rd. We saw the computer on tv several times on Saturday.  It sold out on Saturday.  Now they tell us oops, they messed up the order from the company and ours is back ordered.  Chatted with them and that was a joke.  She said if we do not get it in 3 weeks, they will cancel the order.  She ended with thanks for using QVC, have a nice day.  We have ordered many items from them.  But if that is how we get treated, we will not be back.

I feel your pain. They make a mistake and screw up and make you feel its your mistake. They make you crazy asking you questions I am sure you have been asked several times. I hope QVC solves your issue. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Cats3000 wrote:

Where's the "rip off"?  Have they charged your credit card?  Have they told you that your order cannot be cancelled now?  Have they refused to cancel your order now?  Have they refused to give you a refund?

People throw around the term "rip off" with abandon.  You're making a serious accusation with nothing to back it up.  That can get you in a whole lot of troubled.

You can wait or, I presume, you can cancel the order now. Ask for a credit on your charge account when you do.  If you don't like the way they do businessl, vote with your feet and go elsewhere.  You have the ability to do that.

I think the rip off she meant was having to wait around and get blown off . When you order a big price tag device such as a computer they should not make the O/P wait three weeks for nothing.

Respected Contributor

I don't know the process.  Why do you have to wait 3 weeks?  Can't you cancel the order now if you want to?  Did they charge your credit card for the amount?  If they did, they should reverse the charge until it ships or when you ask for a refund.  Don't pay for the item until you receive confirmation that it has shipped or you have the item in your hands.

Respected Contributor

Re: Computer rip off

[ Edited ]

If it's the one with obtane technology run as far away from it as possible.  I sent mine back and I had the same complaint others posted on the reviews.  It worked for a few hours and then pooped out  Couldn't get the icons to open at all.  back it went  

Now I'm thrilled to say I just received the Google Pixel Book and this thing is super fast and so darn good.  I love this.  Was expensive, but well worth the money, no aggravation  

Esteemed Contributor

@Blingqueen023 wrote:

If it's the one with obtane technology run as far away from it as possible.  I sent mine back and I had the same complaint others posted on the reviews.  It worked for a few hours and then pooped out  Couldn't get the icons to open at all.  back it went  

Now I'm thrilled to say I just received the Google Pixel Book and this thing is super fast and so darn good.  I love this.  Was expensive, but well worth the money, no aggravation  

Is that google CB? I ordered it for my hubs for Xmas this year. We both have the HP and asus CB's and love them. But wanted to get him something much better.

Respected Contributor

Re: Computer rip off

[ Edited ]

@apple1964 wrote:

@Blingqueen023 wrote:

Is that google CB? I ordered it for my hubs for Xmas this year. We both have the HP and asus CB's and love them. But wanted to get him something much better.

@apple1964  Yes, it’s the google chrome book called google pixel book, i5 processor, 8gb ram with 128 memory.  The laptop is made extremely well.  You can use like a laptop or as a tablet.  Feel great in your hand.  Also, it’s fast as lightening.  It took about maybe 10 min to set up which was easy as pie.  I love this.  I should have bought this a long time ago.  Was expensive as you well know, but to me, was worth every dime spent.  It’s the best.  Happy holidays to you and your hubby.  He will love this!

forgot to add, get the google pen to go with it.  You can do a lot with it.  I got it for 17 dollars less on Amazon.