Honored Contributor

Re: Computer Anti Virus Software!

My computer tech DH has Malwarebytes on all of our devices too, free and easy download.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN  "Is it easy to download?"

I am rather confused by that comment.  You "click" the download button & select where you want the download to go to.  I don't understand the "hard part."

Or do you actually mean easy to "install?"

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

I've used Trend with 24/7 support for removal of whatever.  It's $80 a year and worth every penny.  I'm pretty careful about not clicking stuff, but every once in a while, especially with a touch screen, stuff happens and they really need to go in their dig into the hidden places to get the stuff out.

If you've paid for that service once, you know $80 is a bargain.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

@CANDLEQUEEN  "Is it easy to download?"

I am rather confused by that comment.  You "click" the download button & select where you want the download to go to.  I don't understand the "hard part."

Or do you actually mean easy to "install?"

@Mz iMac Yes I meant Install? Sorry! Thanks for the correction.

Frequent Contributor

I am currently using McAfee that I installed myself.  Do a little homework before hand, it is quite easy.  I think one of the big issues people have had is they have not un-installed an existing anti virus software and that leads to complications. 

I bought a 7 year subscription from QVC a few years back.  I figure my lap top will probably go before my subscription expires but it was under $30.00 and well worth the money to me. I use that along with Windows Defender.  I have the McAfee set for a weekly  virus scan and it also cleans cookies, etc. I have had this laptop since 2014 and both my husband and I use it so it does get it's exercise!

Another anti virus software that I would highly recommend is AVG.Com.  They offer a free version which I used for years on my old clunker.

Hope this helps--Karen

Frequent Contributor

I have Trend Micro.  I get it through my internet provider.  I figured since they offered it must be a good virus software.   Have used it for years with no issues.   If there is an issue with a website, it will not allow me to access the site.

Honored Contributor

I have PC Matic. Their customer service is terrific. I have their lifetime protection. No problems.

Honored Contributor

Now I just use the one that comes with Windows and it seems fine.   One that I would never EVER use is McAfee.   Norton used to be good but it went wonky some years ago so I've never gone back.

Oddly, I just got a new laptop and it came with McAfee (a whole bunch of McAfee 'stuff') in addition to the Windows Defender a/v.  That's just bizarre.  I couldn't wait to uninstall McAfee.  It kept trying to creep in and I had to uninstall 3 times to get rid of (I hope!) all of it.

Esteemed Contributor

@kare29

You can not use an anti-virus program more than two years even with updates. I change programs every year. 

Esteemed Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN

I have used Norton 360 a Comcast version since 2007 on a computer.

Today, I use basic McAfee software on a Samsung phone and tablet. I use Norton VPN app on both devices. I would not mix software on a windows computer.

I secure a computer the same as a phone and a tablet. The goal is keeping my data and identity safe.

I use every tool included with Norton on a windows computer and basic tools on an Android device. Some security tools are baked into Android. 

I use Malwarebytes paid software on a computer. Please remember to update Windows regularly.