Esteemed Contributor

Comcast Xfinity question Does not delete saved programs some ot the time

I have one of those fancy Xfinity boxes. We record programs.  Sometimes when we tried to delete a program we have already seen the message is : IN PROGRESS. And it never deletes.  I have to unplug the box and let the system reboot or start over. 

Does anyone have this issue and has found another way to make it right so I don't have to either  have the agents send a new signal or for me to simply unplug  and reboot myself.  Is there a control for this???

Honored Contributor

Re: Comcast Xfinity question Does not delete saved programs some ot the time

I wonder if you might have a faulty box.  You could return it and get a new box and see if it does the same thing.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

I have the  Comcast Xfinity box you are referring to & have no problem deleting any programs that I recorded & viewed .... I just got the new cable box & remote & I love them!!! ..... I think you should contact Comcast for help.

Trusted Contributor

There's helpful people, both customers and employees, on the Xfinity forums. You might want to try asking your question there.

Honored Contributor

How on earth do you get a fancy Xfinity box from those people?  I have been in constant combat with them since I moved and was forced to use their services but would more than welcome a DVR option.  Any assistance you can lend would be most gratefully appreciated!

Please know I cannot get "Reminders" to work correctly so any upgrade would be a bonus . . . .sigh.