Esteemed Contributor

Re: Comcast Increased My Internet Speed

@SilleeMee wrote:

The speed increased by 60% at no charge to me. This is their way of providing their customers better service to stay connected with the rest of the world. I'm very grateful.

Comcast is the worst of the worst company there is .. I never got anything for free in fact I had to remind them after 20 some odd years that my modem needed to be updated. they are crooks with there hidden charges. You are paying for it and you don't even realize it. They will give you nothing  for free. I have moved on with another company that I am very happy with.  I was never  grateful with comcast ever. Thank goodness for other options that I have now that I did not have years ago.

Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Nuttmeg wrote:
The company increased your service to help all the students working at home.
They will upgrade the speed and down the road we all pay more.

The email I got from Comcast regarding the faster speed said, in so many words, they are responding to the pandemic by providing a faster connection to help stay connected to friends and family. No mention of students.

No mention of students? Does not mean anything.  Whoever has comcast will pay more charges.

Esteemed Contributor

@Nuttmeg wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Nuttmeg wrote:
The company increased your service to help all the students working at home.
They will upgrade the speed and down the road we all pay more.

The email I got from Comcast regarding the faster speed said, in so many words, they are responding to the pandemic by providing a faster connection to help stay connected to friends and family. No mention of students.

@SilleeMee 

There are many families who do not have internet service in their homes. These families can receive free or low cost service. 

Schools are giving students packets of work to complete, and some assignments need web access, and in some districts students are taking home their Chromebooks? 

There are many different teaching styles being used during this pandemic.

LOL, Comcast is serving themselves. I am sure they will get something for giving away free or low cost internet service. I have see the user fees and equipment charges increase in the last two years.

Well put! They also bloatup on useless channels and take away the movie channels on the TV. We never watch sports in our home and they refuse to remove them. THEY ARE CROOKS AND THE LOWEST OF THE LOW!

Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Nuttmeg 

I'm on the Comcast Internet Essentials Program. I signed up for it after I saw it mentioned here on this forum a few months ago. I was under the impression that the program was for low income families, which I don't consider myself to be in that category but my application for it went through anyway. I'm not complaining, not one bit. 

Well more power to you... they are still crooks and before long they will charge  you more and more too!