Honored Contributor

Comcast Increased My Internet Speed

The speed increased by 60% at no charge to me. This is their way of providing their customers better service to stay connected with the rest of the world. I'm very grateful.

Honored Contributor

Re: Comcast Increased My Internet Speed

i am a fan of comcast/xfinity and their products and service.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee 

Lucky you  huh?  We can only receive DSL, and since our house is still wired via copper wires(which is what I made for 25 years), we have no access to Fiber Optics. We now are at the fastest speed available in our location. That is 20mbps. Wish we could have better, but considering we started with 1.5, and had that for many years? I am, (kinda)happy?

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Regular Contributor

A fan of Comcast? The lowest of the low? I have them, for many years & hate their customer service. Hate! The worst, Bottom of the barrel in my experience. Hate Comcast!!!

Esteemed Contributor

I'm a fan too.  I have had nothing but very good customer service from Comcast.  Now, the price I pay is another story entirely.

Honored Contributor

@Shepherd wrote:

A fan of Comcast? The lowest of the low? I have them, for many years & hate their customer service. Hate! The worst, Bottom of the barrel in my experience. Hate Comcast!!!

I would change provider if you are not happy with them.  I only subscribe to their internet service and so far it's been very good, including dealing with their cs...no issues at all.

Regular Contributor

Comcast owns the market where Iive. Glad you are happy with their cs.

Honored Contributor

@Shepherd 

How about DSL?  We live in a rural area with no cable access, but do have phone service and DSL. We even had Satellite Internet Service for a few years.

For TV we have Dish Network Satellite and are much happier with them than we were with DirecTV. I know more about electronics than most of their techs.

Thought I would throw this in this thread to mention possible other options to cable for you.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@hckynut wrote:

@SilleeMee 

Lucky you  huh?  We can only receive DSL, and since our house is still wired via copper wires(which is what I made for 25 years), we have no access to Fiber Optics. We now are at the fastest speed available in our location. That is 20mbps. Wish we could have better, but considering we started with 1.5, and had that for many years? I am, (kinda)happy?

hckynut

Hi hckynut. I just switched to a different AT&T from their DSL. Online, all that was available was DSL for my address but when I called SALES, there is another option. It's called AT&T Internet 25. It does rely partly on copper, but it comes in over the phone line. The price is the same as my DSL. My DSL was down two months and I had many service calls with no resolve. So far, I'm happy. My speed is faster and my net is reliable. I did not have to get rid of my plane old telephone service land line or have to bundle it either. I kept my Directv satellelite and it's not bundled either. You can usually self install this since you already have a phone jack. All you do is take off your DSL router and modem. ATT mails you a combination modem router that you plug into your phone jack. ATTT will help you set it up via phone. It's a bit tricky and you will have to log into some of your accounts online because these accounts won't recognize your new IP address. Good luck and stay safe.

Honored Contributor

@Mindy D 

Hmm!  Might have to check that out. Since I retired from AT&T with 33 years, who knows may get a discount. My wife hates when I change electronics. Don't blame her as I have been into electronics for decades now, and about the time she got used to 1 nrw peripheral, I had a new one.

Thanks for the info

hckynut

hckynut(john)