Contributor

Is there anything as simple as what was the Click Free backup SYSTEM?

looking for one that knows to skip over previously saved items and pick only NEW ITEMS.

Needs to be easy and simple to use as we are tech challenged.  TIA

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Click free type of backup

I'll be watching this thread to see if anyone has suggestions as the Click Free company is no longer in business.  I have been using a Click Free external drive for back up, but would like to convert to something which I can still receive tech support on if needed. I suppose any external hard drive would save everything same as Click Free, but it was the updating when adding new music, photos etc. to the back up which makes Click Free's easy to operate user interface perfect for me.   

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Most people use online backup storage,like Carbonite. You should check review online different companies selling storage.

Respected Contributor

wrote:

Most people use online backup storage,like Carbonite. You should check review online different companies selling storage.

I agree and do have a lot of data stored in the cloud.  I also like havig an external hard drive with a backup as well.  I use the built-in back up utility with my Apple devices and I also use the drag and drop method.  I have thousands of songs and photos and don't want to store everything on my computer's hard drive. 

Respected Contributor

I have some stuff saved in iCloud.  I also have a LaCie "Rugged" external hard drive hooked up to my iMac.  I use Apple's Time Machine that automatically updates it.

Honored Contributor

I buy flash drives and store my pics, music or whatever on each then I label them as such. Makes it easier for me to find stuff.