Esteemed Contributor

Re: Chromebooks

[ Edited ]

@gardenman wrote:

Chromebooks can do pretty much anything these days. I wouldn't use one for video editing, or serious gaming, but for general purpose computing, they can do pretty much anything.

I have been using and loving Chromebooks. [Since 2015] now that I ordered my pixle Cromebook I can do serious gaming I have not tried video editing  yet. They need to work on the platform of certain games which do much better with a windows laptop. But, I see improvements on everything this year. And we get updates I see  new improvements. I agree they can do almost anything and they do well too.

Esteemed Contributor

@kittyloo wrote:

@goldensrbest  i've been using my chrome book now for at least 4 years as my main computer. 

now i'm no whiz, but i do have a black belt in shopping.  

Yes.... a Chrome book is pure pleasure compared to a microsoft windows device. we have several microsoft computers and we never use them anymore.

Trusted Contributor

@apple1964 wrote:

@kittyloo wrote:

@goldensrbest  i've been using my chrome book now for at least 4 years as my main computer. 

Yes.... a Chrome book is pure pleasure compared to a microsoft windows device. we have several microsoft computers and we never use them anymore.

I keep my husband's older Windows 8 laptop running because I have personally found that I cannot print certain supermarket coupons off of my Chromebook. 

There are some tasks that I still use Windows for.

For example, sometimes someone will send us an e-mail attachment for us to open, that is just easier to open using Windows. 

Other than that, I love using my Chromebook for Internet surfing and for watching videos and checking e-mails, and so on. Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

I love Chromebooks!  Windows 10 does not compare as far as being user friendly.  My first Chromebook was VERY cheap, around $120, And about a month later, I went to Best Buy and bought a Samsung Pro Chromebook.  I still use the cheap one, HP, every now and then, and the Samsung is still going strong.  

Esteemed Contributor

I transferred pictures from my phone to the cloud in my Chrome book.

Esteemed Contributor

@Toppers3 wrote:

@apple1964 wrote:

@kittyloo wrote:

I keep my husband's older Windows 8 laptop running because I have personally found that I cannot print certain supermarket coupons off of my Chromebook. 

There are some tasks that I still use Windows for.

For example, sometimes someone will send us an e-mail attachment for us to open, that is just easier to open using Windows. 

Other than that, I love using my Chromebook for Internet surfing and for watching videos and checking e-mails, and so on. Smiley Happy

Okay... Have a nice day!

Contributor

Indeed, Chromebooks are the best!

Esteemed Contributor

@NorlansThompson wrote:

You got that right! They are making them better and better. I am on the hunt for a 15 inch now. I am looking at the Acer spin 15. Looks good to me.Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@apple1964 wrote:

@NorlansThompson wrote:

You got that right! They are making them better and better. I am on the hunt for a 15 inch now. I am looking at the Acer spin 15. Looks good to me.Woman Very Happy

That's the one I got. Mine's the 32 Gb one. It's a pretty nice little device. I got mine on sale for $329 from the list price of $399. The 64 Gb version is on sale now for about $379. It's not an especially practical tablet (big and heavy) but it's a handy feature to have when you need it.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

Yes!